The Expendables

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Chris Slack

The Expendables

Post by Chris Slack »

An afternoon of testosterone filled, mid to late 80's Cannon Films style, goodness. The only negative was the CGI bloodshed but a movie with as much violence as "The Expendables" would be way too expensive to make with traditional SFX. All the stars performed as well as could be expected and it was cool to see Gary Daniels (star of many PM Entertainment STV actioneers) in it as well as the more well known crew. Arnold's bit was a real highlight, it was great to see him back on the big screen. Well worth the $8 matinee price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4PfF2ys-4
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

We went and caught it yesterday and if it has Jason Mmmm...Statham in it, I'll see it. I also liked Arnold's little cameo a lot. Too bad Hodgy almost choked to death and missed that whole scene...

"Are you two going to start sucking each others dicks?" (says Bruce Willis to Arnie and Sly) :D
I made the Devil do it.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Saw this at a matinee on Saturday and really enjoyed it as well. I had high hopes for the movie and wasn't disappointed. The cast in this was absolutely terrific. Plus it was great to see Dolph Lundgren and Arnold back on the big screen again. I wasn't really put off by the CGI splatter since it is very quick and not fake-looking (compared to the CG effects in NINJA ASSASSIN, which I still liked quite a bit). I was looking for a nice throwback to 80's action movie and this one delivered the goods. Definitely worth checking out.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]