8 MILE....better than you'd think

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

8 MILE....better than you'd think

Post by Darth Tanner »

Has anyone checked this out yet? I finally saw it the other night and actually enjoyed it. As most people probably know I can't tolerate Eminem's music, but this movie turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me. Eminem actually turns out a decent performance under the direction of Curtis Hanson. Kim Basinger also gives a believeable performance as his alcoholic mother. But the real bright star in this was Brittany Murphy as the love interest. Her presence alone was worth it for me.

Obviously this movie isn't for all tastes, but if you are a fan of Eminem (or need a departure from all the holiday films) you'll probably enjoy this one. I wouldn't go as far as to call 8 MILE a masterpiece, but it is certainly better than some people would have you think.

Next up.....DIE ANOTHER DAY!
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Sinn

Post by Sinn »

I can't wait to see this movie.
[size=100][font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]You're So Predictable No Shadow Of Doubt
When You Are Suffering Know Who Sold You Out
Fuck Your Opinions
Fuck Your Lack Of Spine
When You Are Miserable
Know That I'm Just Fine
[/size][/font][/color]