TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON

Post by Darth Tanner » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:55 am

Saw this one while on vacation and have to say I really enjoyed it a lot more than I did GREEN LANTERN. While I liked the other two movies to some degree, I have to admit that this entry was the best in the whole series. Without going into spoiler territory I will say that this one had a much better story and action sequences along with a few surprises thrown into the mix. This one also had the best cast. The main actors from the previous films (with the obvious exception of Megan Fox, whose absence isn't a big loss for me) are well-supported by Frances McDormand, John Malkovich and Patrick Dempsey in meaty roles. Also the addition of Leonard Nimoy to the voice cast was a very nice touch. Be sure to sit through the first few minutes of the closing credits for a nice scene with McDormand and John Turturro. But feel free to leave after than since there is nothing else at the end of the credits:)

I must also add that the 3-D was a little better than in GREEN LANTERN. Also there isn't much in the way of dimensional effects, the scenes are filmed with a terrific depth which works well with a few of the action scenes. I can't say I'd entirely miss the 3-D viewing the movie at home. Still it's up to you if you want to spend the extra money or not.

I know most people aren't fans of this series, but this entry is still worth checking out in my book. There are certainly worse movies out there.