The Two Towers

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Griff [Mola]

The Two Towers

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Strengths and weaknesses aside, this would have to be one of the most amazing cinema experiences I've ever, well, experienced. Infact, if I wasn't such a tough guy, I probably would've burst into tears and snotty secretions of joy at the sheer spectacle of it all.

Best film of 2002? Shoe betcha!
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

I agree, with the disclaimer of "strengths and weaknesses" aside. I am far to critical of these movies in light of having practically memorized the books after umpteen-hundred readings. While this one strays as far from the book it is quite a feature nonetheless. Go see it but bring a back warmer or a mini back massager for enduring the gruelling length.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I'm probably going to see this one on sunday afternoon. I heard that Gollum sort of steals the show in a lot of places but no one is being specific. One of my instructors from college animated him for WETA. I thought that was sort of cool.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Here's my rather pretentious take on Gollum:

He's kinda like CG Yoda (only vastly improved) on crack - and badly in need of a fix. This isn't the cute-ish thing you see shadow-lurking here and there in a few shots of FOTR. Jackson and Co. have re-envisaged his look and feel into something much more desperate and broken. His shattered personality and ruined physique are nothing less than compelling. Gollum deserves our pity.

You'll see for yourself tomorrow, Mr. Latte. He's quite an accomplishment, especially in the close-ups, if not always perfectly photorealistic when interacting with the environment.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Saw this one yesterday and enjoyed it as well. Thought it was every bit as good as FOTR and is indeed one of the best films of this year. Don't really want to say a whole lot since it seems that most people haven't gotten around to it yet. Let's just say that if you enjoyed the first film, you will find much to cherish in TWO TOWERS. The performances, battle scenes and special effects are all top-notch. Do you really need to know more?

Now I'm really looking forward to RETURN OF THE KING.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but full agreement--this is a wonderful, spectacular addition to the saga--three hours that aren't boring at all. I think the HARRY POTTER and the LOTR films are some of the best things to happen in the name of fantasy in some considerable time.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Notsogoodgirl

Post by Notsogoodgirl »

I really thought it was an awesome film, the graphics were killer !! A little bit more comedic than the first , but I still can't wait for the next one!:)
[i]now that you have arrived,
stay awhile, and i promise i will k[/i]eep you
[b][/b]forever.......
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I would just like to say that as someone who hasn't read the books, some stuff SHOULDN'T have been cut from Fellowship, 'cause I didn't know what the hell was going on in Towers...cloaks? Pins? Schmiegel (sp???)?

Not EVERYONE got to see the extended cut of Fellowship before Towers was in the theatres...some of us had to wait till after Xmas.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I finally got to see it yesterday. I liked it immensely. Not much else I can say, though. The Helsmdeep battle went on a little too long. It was exciting at first but then became tedious.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]