Narc

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Narc

Post by Remo D »

This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads already, but it deserves one of its own...

NARC has already been highly recommended here, which caught my interest. And that's what it took, too...

...I had already seen Jason Patric as a drug cop in over his head in RUSH. He did a good job, but I wasn't blown away by that movie.

...I had already seen Ray Liotta as a cop (a psycho cop, for that matter) in UNLAWFUL ENTRY. Fun movie--no lasting classic.

Honestly, when I saw the first hype for NARC, I figured I'd seen this one already and didn't need to go out of my way.

Big mistake. This one's a scorcher--almost right up there with BAD LIEUTENANT and certainly the harshest procedural since the days of THE FRENCH CONNECTION and its sequel. Though at times this one seems a bit more like SE7EN (no kidding).

It'll hold your attention, it'll keep you guessing, and it ought to harsh you out something fierce.

Go.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I wholeheartedly agree with you Remo, NARC is the best cop movie I've seen in a long long time.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

loved it.

How about that opening? Those with heart problems should probably stay home. That scene alone defined the term hand-held.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]