Need help on two Jess Franco films.

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
ROBERT

Need help on two Jess Franco films.

Post by ROBERT »

They're Kiss me Monster and Two Undercover Angels,(AKA,Sadisrotica, or something) I believe. The first is about a mad doctor on an island creating Aryan Supermen. The second about two 60s spy chicks. Both are from Anchor Bay. I can get them for about $15.00 U.S each. But are they worth it? As far as Franco is concerned.

[This message has been edited by ROBERT (edited 12-21-2001).]
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

No,they're lame-(didn't I answer this somewhere else?)

Both films feature Rosanna Yanni and Janine Raynaud as spies,one is the sequel of the other. I think these movies are OK to see once.I taped over my copies,after years of letting them collect dust.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

I've only seen KISS ME MONSTER, but I have to agree with Terry that I found it to be pretty lame and boring. As much as I hate to say it, the Austin Powers movies were more enjoyable that KMM. Franco's movies are somewhat an acquired taste. Out of the ones I've seen, only a handful are ones I can honestly say I liked. I really enjoyed BLOODY MOON and VAMPYROS LESBOS and thought AWFUL DR. ORLOFF was a masterpiece. But his best film (out of nearly 150) is FACELESS. That film definitely cries out for a DVD release. The rest of his work is pretty much hit or miss depending on your tastes.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Faceless is the best Franco film I've seen. And it's still not very good except in terms of "well, it is a Franco movie..."

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Man... I never "got" the Franco appeal. One of the first movies I bagged when I first started trading and collecting was a Redemption release (at least I think it was, it was mispackaged in a Clive Barker indie box) of Female Vampire and aside from featuring the lovely lead (who's name I can't remember right now, she was in a ton of Franco's movies!) it was pretty miserable.

I also caught Awful Dr. Orloff and thought it was pretty fresh. Definitely different from his usual super sleazy routine.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Latte, the female lead in FEMALE VAMPIRE was Lina Romay. She later married Franco and indeed appeared in several of his films (in fact still does occasionally). I liked FEMALE VAMPIRE for some reason I can't figure out. Lina Romay is pretty easy on the eyes, but the movie is a little slow and confusing. The sexual matter does help to lessen the boredom though. Even with all of this the movie is still far from the classic that AWFUL DR. ORLOFF was.

[This message has been edited by Darth Tanner (edited 12-30-2001).]
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

Terry,I've probably posted this in another forum.Can't remember which. If Franco is an acquired taste, guess I've acquired it. Kiss me Monster had some witty and funny dialogue, that surprised the hell out of me.Franco's films aren't exactly known for their writing.Good characterizations of the two female leads won me over,despite some pretty lame plotting. I also thought the secret Klan society with their black hoods were pretty funny, and interesting for the time, as well.I wouldn't recommend it to people unfamiliar with Franco. But I thought it was entertaining.

I recently saw She Killed in Ecsatcy, and thought it was quite good, but not up there with Vampyros Lesbos.Soledad Miranda carried the film. Marred by one of the lamest car crashes ever put on film.Awful Dr Orloof is one that's on my list with The Bloody Judge.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Originally posted by T.Luster:
I think these movies are OK to see once.I taped over my copies,after years of letting them collect dust.

LOL I understand where you are coming from Terry. Since getting a DVD player, I have watched very few tapes aside from an occasional rental. In fact, I have a ton of tapes (mostly dubs) that have been gathering dust and have only been watched once in the past several years. Heck, I have more movies than I even have time to watch Image

[This message has been edited by Darth Tanner (edited 12-30-2001).]
------------------

ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

About 9 vhs of mine have been sitting in the bottom of a large box, for 7 years. One of these days I'll have to search them out. Funny how that happens to so many horror fans.

Asia Argento