Deodato doing Cannibal Holocaust 2?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Scott

Deodato doing Cannibal Holocaust 2?

Post by Scott »

I found that someone posted on www.cannibalholocaust.net that Ruggero Deodato has decided to do a sequel to Cannibal Holocaust. Is there any truth to this or is somebody blowing hot air. Probably the latter.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Deodato's said for years he could never do another one. But after his mainstream flops, maybe he's up to it again?

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

I've actually heard of this elsewhere... just where exactly I don't recall.

I dunno, why bother? Deodato would get his arse kicked, if not thrown in jail, if he tried to pull that animal snuff shit nowadays.
Scott

Post by Scott »

If by some freak miracle Deodato did manage to pull off a sequel, chances are it would be far more toned down than the original. I agree. Why bother?
Jon

Post by Jon »

I've also heard something about this recently, and I think the money for the sequel is coming from Japan. Perhaps there'll be lots of footage of whales being killed.
Now if the plot involved a cannibal tribe hunting down the people who made Blair Witch Project, I'd be interested...
"When Cliff Richard wrote 'Wired For Sound', there's no way he was sitting on a clean lavatory" - Rik Mayall, The Young Ones.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hey I like that idea about hunting and killing the people who made BWP
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Originally posted by Jon:
I've also heard something about this recently, and I think the money for the sequel is coming from Japan.
Makes sense, it's like the second highest grossing film ever there (for some reason I'm thinkin' it's behind E.T., but that can't be right...)

------------------

gothbat

Post by gothbat »

I heard a while ago that there would be a sequel to this movie. I don't think he could top the original but it would still be something to look foreward to. Sadly he probably would get into alot more trouble today for the animal stuff since everyone nowadays is so fucking sensitive about everything, it so pathetic. I also heard that from a few people that CH was second only to ET in Laserdisc sales in Japan.
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

LD, that makes sense. THere are a few movies that have been retitled as CH 2 already, but I'm not sure which ones and where those releases were. I think Amazonia was one of 'em...that movie is dumb. Isn't that the one with the White Goddess whose lover kills himself by simply flipping a canoe over at the end?

------------------