CUT (the Aussie film)

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Valgamon

CUT (the Aussie film)

Post by Valgamon »

The American DVD was released on Tuesday. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow, after having watched the trailer on IMDB. It looks pretty bad, but hey... it has Molly Ringwald!!

Anyone seen it yet? I know there's a Region 3 DVD out as well.
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

I recall this having a very fancy trailer but for the most part, this flick just seems to be yet another post-SCREAM yawn fest. Albeit an Australian one, no less.

Its good to see a return to the good old days were an Aussie production would require the presence of one (has-been) American actor to make overseas sales more palatable.

If you pick it up, Lou, lemme know what you think.
Valgamon

Post by Valgamon »

I rented this from Tommy K's lastnight (along with the Ladies' Man, which was hilarious!)

I'll be watching Cut tonight, and sharing my thoughts afterward.
Valgamon

Post by Valgamon »

It sucked. Don't read this post if you don't want spoilers.

--
--
--

Anyhow... very light on the gore, only one attractive female character (IMHO - Jessica Napier as the young director Raffy Carruthers), an absolutely horrible explanation for the killer's origin, and incredibly derivative of Scream (which is a recursive statement if I ever heard one!) I'm so glad I only rented this. The DVD itself is full frame (obviously the wrong aspect ratio, as all the characters appear to be vertically stretched), with NO extras AT ALL. What a fucking waste.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Thanks for the info... I'll be stearing clear Image
violentm

Post by violentm »

I rented this piece of shit last night. Waste of time.
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

Thanks,I almost rented this,based on a pretty good review I read. Jesus, can you ever trust what you read,these days?

------------------
Wherever you go,there you are.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
izcor7471

Post by izcor7471 »

god i rented this thing about a month and a half ago. is molly ringwald that hard up for cash??

------------------
there is not love only proof of love
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

I rented this last night (along with the godawful CHILDREN OF THE LIVING DEAD) and just finished watching it. Contrary to what people are saying, I actually kinda enjoyed this one. Granted it's not a classic, but at least it was better than most of the teen-horror crap out there today. The story was fairly interesting, but nothing too original and very predictable. The acting was bad but tolerable for the most part. But I do agree that this would have to be the lowest point in Molly Ringwald's career. I'd sure like to know how she got involved in this one? The gore effects were also pretty decent even if some of the better ones happened off-camera Image Probably not for all tastes but you could definitely do worse. Besides, almost anything would look good to me after suffering through CHILDREN OF THE LIVING DEAD. Now, if anyone can confirm those rumors I've been hearing about an uncut version of this film....by all means point me to it Image

[This message has been edited by Darth Tanner (edited 01-19-2002).]
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]