Jeepers Creepers and Cherry Falls

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Rich

Jeepers Creepers and Cherry Falls

Post by Rich »

Hehehehe, I'm sure to get some flack for posting about this one but I don't care. I watched it, heard it was teen shit, actually enjoyed it a bit (especially the ending)and that's that. I've heard that the director Victor Salva was actually charged for child molesting on the movie Clownhouse he made awhile back, is this true anyone?

Cherry Falls was another one I was pleasantly surprised with. If there is an uncut version I'd like to see it, Jay Mohr was a fucking lunatic in this at the end and it was great to see Michael Biehn in a movie again. One flick jaded fans should look into.

------------------
"Its a pain that stops and starts, like a corkscrew to the heart, every since we've been apart."
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Haven't seen JEEPERS but apparently Fondlin' Salva was charged for committing such deviancies.

Speaking of molestation, CHERRY FALLS was fun enough throwaway entertainment. Didn't take itself too seriously, didn't act like it was the best thing since sliced shit, either. Aussie director Geoffrey Wright did a decent job of producing something that holds its own in a crowded market place of carbon copies. I could watch it again.

As for an uncut version, who knows? I hear that the Spanish version was meant to be but apparently ain't.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I know one of these days I'll wind up renting Jeepers Creepers. I've heard it really isn't all that bad and makes for a decent pop corn flick.

Cherry Falls I really liked. When I first heard about it, it sounded like run of the mill teen-kill fodder, but there was a good deal of hype going around that it was a little more than that genre had to offer. My brother saw it and was raving about it (something he doesn't do often) so I checked it out and was pleasantly surprised to find an entertaining movie in there. Jay Mohr was very cool, and he was supposed to be the big surprise of the whole deal, but I found that whole thing to be very predictable. Fun nonetheless.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Scott

Post by Scott »

I expected a little more from Jeepers Creepers but granted it was far better than a lot of the shit that has come out recently (IE Urban Legends 2). Still, I thought it was decent, but I'm disappointed to hear Salva's doing a sequel. Anything for a buck nowadays.

As for Cherry Falls, I may be the only one around here who found it disappointing. I found it a little slow moving. Maybe I need to give it a second look.