NONHOSONNO/Sleepless is fucking HOT!!!

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Dr_Orloff

NONHOSONNO/Sleepless is fucking HOT!!!

Post by Dr_Orloff »

HOLY SHIT!
Trauma- take it or leave it, Sthendal syndrome- average, Phantom of the Opera, uh..poor but now, oh boy The Italian badboy is back with a vengance. NONHOSONNO is unblievable good. It is TOTAL Argento, TOTAL giallo and totally Fucking sick! The murders are out of hand, THE GOBLIN SCORE IS SO AWESOME YOU CANNOT EVEN COMPREHEND!!!! Seriously, my faith in Argento is renewed. Max von sydow was great and the ending literally made me jump off the couch and scream. Watch this at all costs! oh yeah did I mention this was a good movie???
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

Argento's SLEEPLESS is getting released in the US,December 18th,according to Ken Crane's DVD Planet.

I enjoyed it,and yes,that soundtrack is excellent. No Asia to ruin to film either!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

A good, new Argento film? Surely you jest?

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I just watched this a few days ago myself and loved it. Dario is indeed back in fine form and the soundtrack kicks major butt.

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

What's the deal with the import dvd that's out now, is it uncut and what not? Give me the lowdown, please....

------------------
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" (Dosteovsky's Grand Inquisitor.)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Dr_Orloff

Post by Dr_Orloff »

as far as i know the import dvd is uncut. The picture and sound are killer and it features both italian and english languages and also subs in both. It also has an italian language only making of!
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I finished watching this an hour or so ago and I agree, it was quite good. However, I must admit that I sort of liked The Stendhal Syndrome better (flame away if you must!). I thought Stendhal had a more interestig premise. This one was good, but was kind of "been there, done that" for me. Also, while Goblin's score was good, I liked Morricone's Stendhal music better. It was more memorable. I just finished this an hour ago and can't remember how the music went, but I always remember the main theme of Stendhal. That's important to me for some reason! Image

Anyway, both movies beat Trauma by a country mile! (Phantom never happened as far as I'm concerned.)

------------------
"The phone is ringing
And I cannot linger
So look out butt
Here comes my finger"
-Butthead
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Valgamon

Post by Valgamon »

I have the import (Italian) DVD - it's really good. I think it's PAL/R2 though, so it's a no-go for most Americans. I have sat down to watch it no less than 4 times, and each time I get interrupted. I've seen bits and pieces (including the ending) but not the whole thing, all the way through. Image

Ginger Snaps was also a real treat - got the Canadian (read: better) DVD on its way!!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I think an uncut DVD is being released in the US (or at least Canada, so an easy import) real soon.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
violentm

Post by violentm »

Well I just finally watched SLeepless. I wasn't expecting much, due to Argento's latter efforts, but boy was I surprised! What an excellent film. I couldn't believe some of the brutal scenes. The makeup FX were awesome, and Goblins score was terrific.

Excellent stuff. Now all someone needs to do is release this fucker letterboxed, with extras!
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
Rich

Post by Rich »

Is the U.S. version uncut?

------------------
"Its a pain that stops and starts, like a corkscrew to the heart, every since we've been apart."
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by Rich:
Is the U.S. version uncut?

I'm pretty sure it is but it's not letterboxed.

------------------

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com. Post on the new forums there while you are at it!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Chris, I can actually rent that here at Blockbuster of all places, cheers.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I just finished watching Sleepless last night and I must say this is Dario Argento's best film in a long while. Well directed, good script, good score, and a great performance from veteran Max Von Sydow. The train sequence early on was outstanding. One of Argento's best murder sequences next to Suspiria. I look forward to getting this one on DVD.
violentm

Post by violentm »

Even though I loved this film, I still can’t bring myself to dish out money to a company that butchered this Argento film on DVD (of all mediums). Sure it’s uncut, but in my opinion, no film is uncut when it’s chopped down to a fucking pan scan release. I could understand if they only released a VHS but Hell, this is DVD. What was Artisan thinking? Did they really believe Argento fans, or horror fans in general would be pleased with a pan scan, bare bones Argento film?
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
Rich

Post by Rich »

I checked this out recently like I said I would only expecting to be let down by all this praise and I must agree the film was very entertaining. The gore effects were great and not uncut.

Spoilers baby

The scene with the kids mother getting it in the mouth with the french horn, fuck man!

end of spoilers

I would liked to have seen it on DVD but I had to settle for the VHS. Hopefully Argento will stay on track and make some other great new stuff. I definitely encourage horror fans to see Sleepless.