does anyone know

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
paul miles

does anyone know

Post by paul miles »

does anyone know if the american version of last house on the left is cut i have it comeing from america im waiting for it to come and i wanted to know if it was cut can someone tell me and if it is cut which parts are missing hope someone knows i saw the british version before it was banned but i would like to know is this one diffrent oh ive got it on video format comeing not dvd as my dvd player is not multi region
Jon

Post by Jon »

This debate will still be raging long after my grandkids are in their graves, but aren't ALL current versions of LHOTL cut to some extent?

Last I heard, MGM were working with the guy that wrote the excellant book on the making of Last House to put it out on DVD. This should be the definitive version but who can say for sure?
"When Cliff Richard wrote 'Wired For Sound', there's no way he was sitting on a clean lavatory" - Rik Mayall, The Young Ones.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

There is a European DVD (I think it's French) of LHOTL that is purported to be uncut. I think all others are missing a little bit, not sure what though Image

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com. Post on the new forums there while you are at it!
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I forget the exact running time, but there is an "uncut" version. The two things normally missing are the name carving sequence, which was in the US print I saw, and at the part where one of them is stabbed, some intestines can be seen. In this scene I can spot a bit of what appears to be intestine on the US print (we compared the US print to my supposedly longer version and found no difference), so don't know how or if it's actually cut (and bootleggers will never tell the truth...). The reason there is such a debate is because virtually every print that went out to theaters was cut in some way by the region it was playing in. There's hundreds of different versions, apparently.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Bad Feeble

Post by Bad Feeble »

Oh well, here's that questiona gain!! hehe. The longest prints available right now are the Canadian video release by CIC and the French DVD (which is the same as the CIC release). But then again, there is some mention in David Szulkin's book about a couple of lines of dialogue missing in this version. Make your pick! Image
bruce h

Post by bruce h »

The CIC print and the French (and Dutch) DVD are slightly different. The DVDs include some onscreen title cards taht aren't on the tape. I would personally hold out for MGMs DVD to see what they turn up.
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Yeah, I have the Canadian tape.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]