Resident Evil . . . a disaster waiting to happen

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Scott

Resident Evil . . . a disaster waiting to happen

Post by Scott »

Ever since George Romero was fired from the project, this film looks like it's headed for box office failure. The ideaa of a supercomputer creating zombies seems ludicrous. Romero probably wanted to stick to the bizarre experiments on humans, but I'm sure the producers found that to be too much for the mainstream. Firing Romero, the man who put the living dead on the map, will come back to haunt them after the film tanks.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

scott: from what I understand happened on this Romero would write a script and the studio people would ask him to rewrite it. He would and they'd ask him to change some more things, he would and they'd ask for more changes. Eventually, they canned him because he wasn't coming up with anything that they liked. According to people who've read the last draft of the Romero script, it stuck pretty close to the game's plot with only a couple of things changed (and a lot of cool shit going on). I think someone here has read the script too.

I'm still pretty steamed about this. I was really excited about the prospect of "the man" doing another zombie movie, this was going to be his return to form. Shit, his ads for the video game were cool as fuck and they were only 30 seconds a pop.

Anyway, the current status of this movie sucks. The promo photo of Milla as Jill Valentine is very not-exciting. I couldn't care less about this project anymore.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Wow, pardon the pun but this place is dead. I wasn't gonna comment on this but since there's nothing else going on...

Read the first draft of Romero's script the other night and it would have made a fun flick, pleasing both fans of the game and of action-orientated horror movies. In many ways it owed alot to ALIENS but then I reckon that ALIENS owes alot to DAWN OF THE DEAD (and afterall, ALIENS is to ALIEN what DAWN was to NIGHT - a bigger, louder, more visceral expansion to its humble yet gripping predecessor). Too bad that we won't get to see Romero finally make his 'Batman movie'.

There was plenty of zombie mayhem with headshots aplenty. Looks like we won't be getting any of this in the Paul Anderson version. I just read at some site that in his movie there's like 576 zombies but only one round of ammunition so they have to 'outsmart' the living dead. Outsmart a zombie? I don't think Anderson is capable. Sounds more like an excuse to deliver a PG-13 movie to the kids.

Bah.