Name this movie?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
I am 138

Name this movie?

Post by I am 138 »

Here's another one I'm curious if anyone else knows the title of, but unlike the last two, I have a pretty good recollection of what it was about. My memory of this film was triggered by reading an old novel by the name of Venom about some people stuck in a house with a mamba on the loose (well, that's part of it, anyway). This reminded me of a movie I caught on cable at like 2 in the morning roughly 8 years ago. The storyline was this:

A man is upset that he's been dumped by some woman, so he purchases a venomous snake (I think it was also a mamba), injects it with extra poison so it HAS to attack (or something along those lines), and locks the woman in her house with it. Like half the movie she doesn't even know it's there and has near miss encounters, but when watching a video she'd been making, she sees the snake on the screen. Terror ensues.

Anyone know the title of this? I assume it was a straight to video release. Thanks.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Wankinstein

Post by Wankinstein »

Isn't there a film version of Venom with Oliver Reed?It isn't this you are thinking of?
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

It's not VENOM,that involves a kidnapping plot-(masterminded by Klaus Kinski)- that goes horribly wrong...then the child that was supposed to be kidnapped accidently gets a Black Momba-(which is actually grey in color)-instead of a garden snake. It gets loose,people die...fun movie :-)
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Wasn't that Oliver Reed giant snake movie called Spasms? Or is that just an alternate title? I thought that movie sucked either way. I never cared for Oliver Reed.

------------------
Forget ALL unhappiness and pressure. Let us X'mas first!!!!!! Thanks God's leading in whole year!!!!! -eBay seller
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Okay, so it sounds like there IS a movie adaption of the book, but I also saw a DIFFERENT movie with the plot I outlined above. Anyone know that one?

Edit- looking up venom on IMDB linked me to the movie I was thinking about - It's internationally known as Mamba, but was released here in the US as Fair Game.
------------------

[This message has been edited by I am 138 (edited 03-10-2002).]

bruce h

Post by bruce h »

It's not VENOM and it's not SPASMS... yet I can't remember what the title actually is. I caught the last half on satellite about 6 or 7 months ago - so I can confirm it DOES exist.

To spoil the ending the snake bites the guy (I think the girl pretends she was dead or something and the guy comes into her house) and then still confesses his love for her before dying. Awww, how sweet.
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

It's Fair Game, you probably posted before my edit Image .

Does anyone want to trade for a copy of Venom? I'd like to see it, as the whole time I was reading the book I kept thinking "Someone shoulda made a movie of this." Send me an e-mail or post here if you're interested.

------------------

Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Yes, it was FAIR GAME... and just for the record, it's NOT the one with Cindy Crawford.

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Originally posted by Remo D:
Yes, it was FAIR GAME... and just for the record, it's NOT the one with Cindy Crawford.

Or the old Charter release that's got the girl wandering around the Outback.

------------------

Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Originally posted by Remo D:

But you know, they probably could have put Cindy Crawford into a killer snake movie like this and it would have been a lot better than that wretched movie she was in. Just a thought.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
bruce h

Post by bruce h »

I actually thought the Cindy Crawford FAIR GAME was reasonably fun in a trash-film sorta way. Plus she got naked, which is ALWAYS a plus.
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Just watched my new Fair Game DVD, and can see why it left such an impression on me at the age of 13 as it played on a lot of my fears I held back then. While it's not a cinematic masterpiece, it's pretty well done. THe girl does some stupid crap at times, and the snake changes color and is a bit too small, but overall a very decent low budget thriller with a claustrophobic environment.

------------------

David Austin

Post by David Austin »

I may be confused, but is the Trudie Styler who stars in FAIR GAME the same Trudie Styler that wound up marrying Police virtuoso bassist/singer/environmentalist Sting? Looking at it, they definitely have a resemblance.

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

My wife was looking her up on imdb and calling her Mrs. Sting, so I'm thinking yes.

------------------