Scary Movie 3--just for the record

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Remo D

Scary Movie 3--just for the record

Post by Remo D »

Okay--the SCARY MOVIE franchise has left the Wayans and gone to the Zuckers... who sort of invented this whole type of spoof, anyway. And as far as I can tell, Anna Faris is the only returning character--she's still named Cindy, but she's blonde now.

We're also down to a PG-13... that means no dicks through the ears, and no geyser come-shots. What do we substitute? Surprisingly--child abuse! And LOTS of it! (Hey, since it worked so well in FREDDY GOT FINGERED...)

You got the idea from the trailers--it's equal parts THE RING and SIGNS for the most part... though they spend so much time spoofing 8 MILE that you almost forget this is supposed to be a "scary movie."

On the whole--it's better than SCARY MOVIE 2 (which is saying practically nothing) and not nearly as outrageous as the original (groan if you will, but it made me laugh a lot and that's all that counts). A few chuckles... mostly predictable, grade-school stuff.

HOWEVER.... there is at least ONE classic sequence--and where people complain that the first two got R ratings where they should have been NC-17s, this one pushes a PG-13 to where plenty of people would consider it an R.

And it starts with the words "It's a wake."

Matinee on an extremely dull day will do--otherwise, wait for the video.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

I'm in total agreement with Remo here. Definitely enjoyed this more than the second entry, but it won't make me forget the original. I also wish they had spent a little less time on the 8 MILE spoof and more on the horror parodies. But I still had fun with it and that's all that matters;)
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]