Back to work for me

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Chris Slack

Back to work for me

Post by Chris Slack »

After 8 months of unemployment I finally got a job and go to work on Monday! This time I will be working for a consulting group as Xbox Final Functional lead (Microsoft is the client I'll be working with) and I'll be heading up a team who certifies all Xbox games before they hit the market. Hopefully I'll have time for some gaming rather than just compiling reports and editing bug submissions. Sorry for the intrusion, I just had to share my excitement:)
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Cool! Can you get us free stuff? j/k, I'm so out of the video game loop, I think 8 bit Nintendo rules.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

I didn't know you were unemployed or I would've considered you for the position of 'towel boy'. But sincerely, congratulations. Sounds like a decent job too with the possibility of some nice fringe benefits.
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

That's fuckin' amazing, Chris!

Too bad Sierra On-Line let you go. Those guys have sucked dick ever since Leisure Suit Larry 7 came out. As a longtime follower, it's saddening that they've deteriorated to this low ebb of suckiness. You're a lucky man - Is Ken Williams still running that place or did he finally give up?

Oh yeah, good news...Celtic Frost Reunion - This Fall. Can I get a FUCK YEAH or what?
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

Always nice to have a source of income :-)

Good luck with your new job, Chris!
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by David Austin
Is Ken Williams still running that place or did he finally give up?

Oh yeah, good news...Celtic Frost Reunion - This Fall. Can I get a FUCK YEAH or what?
Ken (and Roberta) left right before I started there when they sold the company to a megacorporation called Cendant. I guess they were the smart ones because it was downhill from there :)

FUCK YEAH on the CF reunion!!!
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Scott

good to hear

Post by Scott »

Glad to hear it Chris. I'm sure it will be nice to get a paycheck again. Congrats.