Trippy Incident involving Fargo.

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Muncher666

Trippy Incident involving Fargo.

Post by Muncher666 »

The Coen Brothers make some damn good films. They also have some damned stupid fans.

FILM CASH TOURIST DIES (MX Magazine, 2001, Thursday December 6th)

US police are mystified by the death of a Japanese tourist trying to find money buried in the Oscar-winning film Fargo.

Takako Konishi flew from Tokyo to the US to look for the cash buried by an actor during the film.

Her body was found by hunters near Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, a week later.

Local police tried to explain to her that Fargo was just a movie, but Konishi didn't speak much English. A post-mortem is being carried out but foul play is not suspected.

Konishi, 28, was found by locals wandering round town looking for the cash with a crude homemade map. A local man took Konishi, who didn't speak much english, to Bismarck Police Department.

Lieutenant Nick Sevart said they tried to explain to her it was only a movie, but faced a language barrier. Sinse Konishi hadn't done anything illegal and her paperwork was apparently in order, Sevart says police had no reason to hold her.

Crazy.

Allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Maybe because it says it's based on a true story? I actually heard that in an Australian interview, the Coen's said they'd just made that up, and that it was all fiction.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Wow, I'm surprised she didn't go looking for Steve Buscemi at the bottom of a wood chipper.