Blood Feast 2:thoughts?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
stypees back

Blood Feast 2:thoughts?

Post by stypees back »

Finally saw this one, wasn't that bad. It had the traditional cheapness of a typical H.G. LEWIS film and I suppose he didn't lose all that much of his style (if you could call it a style) but I still found his characterizations a bit to annoying. I understand there supposed to be "charactertures" (sp) but must they be so dense or have such obnoxious personalties?
[color=DarkSlateBlue]ON TOUR, LIMITED CITIES[/color]

[size=134]STYPEE AND JOYCE[/size]

[color=YellowGreen]LIVE AND IN LOVE: AROUND THE GLOBE[/color]

[font=Courier New]A TOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING![/font]

[color=DarkOrange]COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON! [/color]

[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6146/joyce8gz.png[/img]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I was extremely happy to find this for rent a couple of months back. I rented it with my brother and we tried to watch it and as much as I liked it, he hated it. It was just too schlocky for his tastes, so I turned it off begrudgingly.

I never turned it back on and never got to finish it.

What I saw, I thought was really funny.
gothbat

Post by gothbat »

Overall I really liked the movie. I was excited when I heard it was going to be made and not let down by it when it finally did come out. The first Blood Feast was funny but I think most of the humor was for the most part unintentional, it was just there because the movie was so cheaply made. In the second one though it is deliberate. Usually I hate when they do this with horror movies because the jokes, while I like stupid humor, are just too damn stupid but I actually found myself laughing so it definately didn't ruin the movie for me. I was hoping that it would be a little more like the first one but it's been a long time since the first one was made. My biggest gripe with this movie is the fact that the statue of Ishtar in the store is a completely different statue than the one they used in the first one. While I realize that the original is probably long gone it is still a major continuity error, then again I guess it suits this sort of movie well. But still it would have been cool to see the same one again when the guy first goes into the back room of the store. I give this one ***1/2
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Got this from NetFlix a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a lot of fun. It really captured the feel of the original with the bad acting and budget SFX. Two severed thumbs up!
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Finally saw this, and was pretty disappointed.

I don't really like Joe Castro, and thought his FX were...not gooey enough.

While the acting was suitably bad, I didn't like the new Fuad too much, and most of the humor failed for me. Movies like this are always better when played straight. Funnier, too.

In fact, I ended up doing a gore/John Waters skim.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]