Memento Mori and The Isle

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Kimberly

Memento Mori and The Isle

Post by Kimberly »

Memento Mori... strange little lesbian school girl ghost story of sorts. Little slow at first and I found it a little confusing at first to follow... Girl finds a diary of two fellow classmates who are lesbians. She becomes intrigued with the diary and gets sucked into their relationship (no not in THAT way ya pervs). Strange things begin to happen when one commits suicide. Interesting little movie it was.

Now The Isle...

I really liked this one. Psychotic mute rents out little shacks out on the water to men as like a retreat of sorts. They can fish/sleep with hookers, etc... She ends up becoming obsessed with one of the "tenants". We know he's there hiding out from the police... for what though we really don't know and we actually never find out. Beautiful to look at, a bit slow in it's pacing but man there's a few scenes that had me wincing big time...

I started watching last night Horror Hotline Big Headed Monster... so far so good. Wasn't expecting it to be any good with a title as such... but again... pretty good so far :)
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I really enjoyed Memento Mori, but also found it confusing at first. Perhaps it's partially because it's a sequel; I think it's called Horror in High School 2 or something like that. I'm just glad the DVD translated written words or I woulda really been fucked.

Horror Hotline is great: http://malcontent.topcities.com/horror/ ... tline.html
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I watched the Isle a couple years back and loved it. I don't know which was worse though, fish hooks or bird cage. You know what I mean.
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I should have "The Isle" coming via Netflix in the next week or two. I saw another film by the same director entitled "Bad Guy" that wasn't bad so I look forward to checking it out.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

The Isle and Momento Mori are both very good. The Isle is pretty nihilistic and depressing. Real Fiction by the same director is slightly better. It's a pretty downbeat tale of a painter who one day sets out to get revenge on everyone who wronged him. Whatever the slight and whatever the cost.

the same director's new film(title escapes me) about a monk's bizarre life opens theatrically here(Toronto) Friday.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Originally posted by DylanDog
I don't know which was worse though, fish hooks or bird cage. You know what I mean.

I can't believe you have to even question which!! :)

Imma keep an eye out for this guy's other films as I really enjoyed The Isle.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

"The Isle" was pretty interesting, albeit a little too cryptic at times.I really didn't understand the final scene though :)

Kimberly, check out "Bad Guy", it's pretty cool and like "The Isle" it also has a couple of brutal moments.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Originally posted by DylanDog
I don't know which was worse though, fish hooks or bird cage.

Bird cage.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]