Super Size Me

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Super Size Me

Post by Remo D »

Boy--I almost posted about this one on the horror board!

Yeah--the horror of watching what a steady diet of nothing but McDonald's food can do to you isn't the same as watching zombies overrun a shopping mall--but it's certainly "food" for thought.

And did anyone else mention that this follows the proud "Mondo" tradition of including a graphic surgery sequence (in this case, an obesity laparatomy)?

Oh, and if that's not enough--you've got to see the McArt on display throughout the movie... everything from Ronald at the Last Supper to Jesus with a Big Mac.

Heck--I could just spell every scene out for you, but this deserves to be seen on its own. Brace yourself--but by all means check it out.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
FOG

Post by FOG »

He got his point across.

I couldn't even eat fast food for about a week! But now I'm back on stronger than ever.

Houston is #1 baby!! Though actually I think we got beat out by Detroit recently... :(
Let's ask him, what's the deal?
behindspace

Post by behindspace »

i understand his obvious point very clearly...

this is probably why i havnt raced to see the movie.
said the brady.
[email]basedonfear2@yahoo.com[/email]

-BREAKNECK-
[url]http://www.myspace.com/breakneckseattle[/url]
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

I dont need to see a movie to know what would happen if I ate McDonalds EVERY day. I mean, come on.

Maybe a movie should be made about the effects of not eating any food or water for a month. I wonder what would happen? :rolleyes:
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Well, in all fairness, there's a lot more covered in this movie than just what happens to one man over thirty days--there's plenty of juicy material about how junk food is marketed, how it's taking over the school lunch programs, where people try to place the blame for America's health problems... if you don't find any of this interesting, you won't want to bother seeing this, but once you start in, this is one compelling, entertaining movie nonetheless.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Dammit, I still need to go see this. I wonder if its still playing, or if a DVD release will happen soon...
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Yeah, I had fun with this one. Ironically, I never eat McDonald's but found myself dogging out on 2 big macs only a coupla days afterwards. Hey, can't say no to a good 2-for-1 coupon.