I, Robot

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

I, Robot

Post by Remo D »

I'm sorry, but my responses are limited. You will have to ask the right questions.

You saw the trailer, right? By my estimation, over a dozen times. You know that the movie will feature endless computer/robot animation and plenty of Will Smith wisecracks.

You saw that the film is "suggested" by the works of Isaac Asimov--you know; the "three laws of robotics" and all that. As you might imagine, there would be no movie unless there were some plot to overthrow the three laws.

You know that major characters (both human and robotic) will be placed in mortal danger over the course of the story.

But will you CARE what happens to any of them?

That, my friends, is the right question.

Program terminated.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

That bad, huh?
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

That bad, huh?

On an emotional level, yeah--I was spectacularly unimpressed and nearly snoozing.

But if it's effects and chases you want, it must be conceded that the work on display here is dazzling, and I WOULD put I, ROBOT on a level higher than some other ram-effects-down-your-throat movies.

It's worth a look on video at the very least--just don't expect to get caught up in the drama of it all...
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

I'd rather watch two fat people fucking. Just casting Will Smith cries "we're not even gonna try to do anything remotely engaging". Unfortunately, it has done alright at the Box Office.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Eh? This one wasn't really high on my list of movies to see this summer. From what I've seen and heared about it, I don't think I'd be missing anything if I decided to wait for video. Call me lame, but I'd rather see ALIEN VS. PREDATOR instead (PG-13 rating or not).
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
MattV

Post by MattV »