Tobe Hooper's TOOLBOX MURDERS

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Griff [Mola]

Tobe Hooper's TOOLBOX MURDERS

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Anyone else seen this yet? Its hit DVD down here and I gotta say: its not half bad. It won't set your panties on fire but it definitely goes down well with a few beers. The original and I have never crossed paths so I can't comment accordingly. There's some nasty murders, some neat setpieces, some genuinely funny humour and some suprisingly naturalistic peformances - like they actually hired actors for a change. Amazing! For a direct-to-video Hooperfest, you could do alot worse - or so I'm told. I ain't seen CROCODILE...
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I think Hooper's theatrical release record is worse than his direct-to-video ones...The Mangaler.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
PECKER{*x*}WOOD

Post by PECKER{*x*}WOOD »

I going to see this during Fantasia's last week. I saw the trailer, and it doesn't look half bad. I'll have my comments for it after I see it. Its nice to know that u liked it.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

For those in the LA area...

This is screening on Friday August 6th @ The Egyptian with a discussion to follow with Tobe Hooper.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Got done watching this alittle while ago...

Not bad... not great...

More like started off good... then dragged for a bit... a good killing (or two) during the drag time... then picked up the last 20 or so min...

*****************SPOILER SPACE OF SORTS*****************

Was it just me or did the killer look like the "thing" from The Funhouse? Also reminded me to be Phantom of the Opera'ish in his look/hiding out...
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
llapman

Post by llapman »

I am curious since I am a massive fan of the original (which I saw at the drive in as a kid in the 70's), and i've heard how different it is now. Well, that's what Alberson's .99 cent rentals are for.

C-YA
[font=Century Gothic]Brian Llapitan[/font] :dsmoke:
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Like the new Dawn of the Dead...

Only thing in common it has with the original is the title...
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
llapman

Post by llapman »

That's what I heard too. But I liked the remake of Dawn a lot, and Texas for the most overall. Too bad this new one went for the supernatural route, as I would like to see Hooper go back to rural style horror. The original pissed off so many people at the time, that I imagine trying to sell such a flick like that now might be a challenge. I'll give him credit for getting back in the game though.

C-YA
[font=Century Gothic]Brian Llapitan[/font] :dsmoke:
deadwiz
Forum Newbie

Post by deadwiz »

Haven't seen the toolbox murders yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.
vickyloveszombies
Forum Newbie

Post by vickyloveszombies »

err I bought that movie because here where I live you can't get away renting horror movies that aren't mainstream like *Scream*. I wasn't impressed really, although the story itself was interesting...worth seeing at least once.