Horrorfest 2004

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
impetigo-on-the-brain

Horrorfest 2004

Post by impetigo-on-the-brain »

Is anyone going to HORRORFEST 2004 in Worcester, Ma? I might be going to The Misfits and Deadites play and there is supposed to be a huge Horror convention. Has anyone gone before or plan to go?

http://www.rockandshock.com/home.htm

The originl cast for Dawn and Day of the Dead are supposed to be there along with Jeffery combs from Re-animator. Also many other special appearences just check out the site!!! The Misfits will be at the convention as well.

Don't listen to me check it out!!!!

The site is up there ^^^^^ and heres the site for the place the Misfits are playing its right next to the convention.

http://www.thepalladium.net/
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I've been to a couple of shows at the Palladium. It's a shitty venue as the sound kind of sucks, but it's also one of the only places in New England that's booking metal and hardcore.

Amorphis is playing with Type O Negative. Couldn't give a shit about Type O, but Amorphis is pretty bad ass. Never heard of this Bronx Casket Company, though.

It's about time a decent horror con comes near me. I've been under the impression that I was going to have to go to New Jersey for one of these shows.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
impetigo-on-the-brain

hey Latte

hey Latte Thunder have you ever been to one of the new misfits concerts?
impetigo-on-the-brain

This con looks pretty fucking cool. I just hope i can find a way to get to it. It's perfect its on a saturday so i'm totally open i'm just not sure if i can get a ride up or not. Wow, if i do go it'll be a six hour ride.........I'm sure it will totally be worth it.
Latte Thunder

Re: hey Latte

Post by Latte Thunder »

Originally posted by impetigo-on-the-brain
hey Latte Thunder have you ever been to one of the new misfits concerts?
I saw them a few times between 1996 and 1998, but since Famous Monsters, I've considered them nothing more than a novelty that's lost it's charm. They've completely failed to hold my interest and Jerry Only's latest circus of a band doesn't interest me at all. Project 1950 is also the worst album I've ever heard...

I'm being pretty harsh, but the old band is my favorite of all time and this new incarnation is just lame to me. But when I saw them several years ago, they put on a good show.
impetigo-on-the-brain

I totally disagre with your thoughts except the fact that The Misfits were the best when Danzig still was doing lead vocals. The new Misfits cd Project 1950 is an awesome cd. Sorry, but seriously its not "cool" to listen the old stuff. You gotta know you roots the bands that did those songs are the roots of all the good music. Name one band that didn't get infulence from the old bands........

Project 1950 was basically 50's pop, and The Misfits mixed horror movies with 50's pop.Introducing horror punk, even thoguh punk isn't really the right term for it. Were do you think the Misfits got there infulences?

The Misfits had some good cds after Danzig left, American psycho was an awesome cd and Famous Monsters had a few good songs.
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

For awhile there, Famous Monsters actually became on of my favorite albums. I hated it at first, but it really grew on me. I still haven't heard the 1950 one.
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

impetigo-on-the-brain wrote: Sorry, but seriously its not "cool" to listen the old stuff.
What? I didn't realise you were a high-schooler. Once you get a little older you will start to form your own opinions and do what you like instead of what it takes to "be cool".
impetigo-on-the-brain wrote: You gotta know you roots the bands that did those songs are the roots of all the good music. Name one band that didn't get infulence from the old bands........
What the hell does that have to do with him not liking the "newer" stuff?? Just because a band was influenced by another band you are required to like them?

:cheers:
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I really like Famous Monsters, American Psycho, and Cuts from the Crypt, and yes, the Newfits put on a good show a few years back...

Jerry Only is one of the few artists I truly respect...

I will go see him play anytime that I can...

However, he is NOT a lead vocalist. Project 1950 would be fine if it were a single, but after 10 songs of his one note range, it gets old. The Newfits NEED a true vocalist.

And what's up w/ Doyle and Danzig. I still haven't heard what Jerry thinks of that.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
impetigo-on-the-brain

Gorified is a little bitch who needs to pull it out of his boyfriend!

Gorified wrote:What? I didn't realise you were a high-schooler. Once you get a little older you will start to form your own opinions and do what you like instead of what it takes to "be cool".

What the hell does that have to do with him not liking the "newer" stuff?? Just because a band was influenced by another band you are required to like them?

:cheers:
hey, Gorified you can suck my fucking dingle berries you twat. Don't ever quote me agian. That is my fucking opinion. I like what i fucking like no one tells me what to like. Think of it why the fuck would i be on this site if i was trying to be cool. If i was trying to be cool i would wear a fucking aeropastle shirt and fuck your mom, like every other person does to be cool.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

impetigo-on-the-brain wrote:hey, Gorified you can suck my fucking dingle berries you twat. Don't ever quote me agian. That is my fucking opinion. I like what i fucking like no one tells me what to like. Think of it why the fuck would i be on this site if i was trying to be cool. If i was trying to be cool i would wear a fucking aeropastle shirt and fuck your mom, like every other person does to be cool.
Damn, sorry lady. Just stating my opinion too.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

impetigo-on-the-brain wrote: Don't ever quote me agian.
Whoops.... :whine:
impetigo-on-the-brain

Har Har Har, that was pretty funny. I wasn't pissed i was just fucking around. wanted your reaction.
impetigo-on-the-brain

i like be quoted it gives me the satisfaction that aleast somebody is reading what i posted and its just not there for no reason. So in this case i could careless but i love it so much.....oh yeah you know how to do it the right way.
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Haven't quite made up my mind on Horrorfest yet. I'm not a huge convention go-er, but I would still like to check out this year's Spook-A-Rama if I can.

"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
impetigo-on-the-brain

It sounds cool as fuck to me. i only wish i had a way to get there. I would explode!
Ghoul, Impaled, F.K.U., S.O.D., Anthrax,Impetigo, Blood Freak, Repulsion, Slayer, The Misfits, The Dead Kennedys, Macabre, Iron Maiden, GG Allin, BirdFlesh, Engorged, General Surgery, Gruesome Stuff Relish, Haemorrhage, Carcass, Regurgitate, Fuck...I'm Dead, Butcher ABC, Mortician, Fondle Corpse, Splatterhouse, The Ramones, Metallica, Sinergy, Cliteater, Cannibal Corpse, Rabid, Napalm Death, Gwar, Deathside, Funerot, Sodom, Death, The Storyteller, Amebix, Gism, Nocturnal Rites, Sabbat
impetigo-on-the-brain

It;s Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :machine: :machine: :machine: :machine: :machine: :machine:
Ghoul, Impaled, F.K.U., S.O.D., Anthrax,Impetigo, Blood Freak, Repulsion, Slayer, The Misfits, The Dead Kennedys, Macabre, Iron Maiden, GG Allin, BirdFlesh, Engorged, General Surgery, Gruesome Stuff Relish, Haemorrhage, Carcass, Regurgitate, Fuck...I'm Dead, Butcher ABC, Mortician, Fondle Corpse, Splatterhouse, The Ramones, Metallica, Sinergy, Cliteater, Cannibal Corpse, Rabid, Napalm Death, Gwar, Deathside, Funerot, Sodom, Death, The Storyteller, Amebix, Gism, Nocturnal Rites, Sabbat
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

A friend and I are going out tomorrow to it. Should be a good time.
impetigo-on-the-brain

Latte Thunder wrote:A friend and I are going out tomorrow to it. Should be a good time.

LET ME KNOW HOW IT WAS!!!!!!BECUASE I CAN"T MAKE IT!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

It turned out to be smaller than I was expecting. The vendors were shoddy and lame. The only places selling DVDs there were Newbury Comics and Poker Industries. Newbury didn't carry anything interesting and Poker Industries specializes in eastern movies, which is fine with me since I'm into that. The guys who created Living Dead Dolls were there and they kind of sucked. Big egos for a pair of guys who paint and pierce baby dolls for Hot Topic types. It was the usual shill, nothing terribly interesting. I picked up a few discs from Poker Industries (Taxi, Hero - some kind of super special edition, Volcano High School special edition and the Shriekshow 2-disc Zombie 2 set).

The Horror Channel was there with one of their directors and I talked to him briefly to get the low down on the network's launch. Here's what he told me: Horror Channel is ready to launch and will on halloween on certain satellite carriers sharing some channel with another and having three nights a week until some time in November when they'll have their own channel assignment. They're still working on cable providers, but the satellites is where they'll prove their markets. So it sounds like there's still a little ways to go before it reaches everyone's tv. I was also assured that their programming will be run uncut. Nice guys all around.

The "celebrity" area was packed all the time, but since I got there early, I managed to det all my shit signed in a timely manner. Had my Phantasm DVD signed by Reggie Bannister, got the lowdown on the current state of Phantasm's End. Apparently there's a script written by Coscarelli and some other guy and they like it as well as some distributors. My copy of the new Elite Re-Animator was signed by Jeffrey Combs who struck me as an awkward fella. The only thing he had to comment on was the quality of the paper that the label was printed on was different from other versions of it that he had signed. Mine was "of better quality." According to Jeffrey. Ken Foree, Gaylen Ross and Scott Reiniger signed 3 of the 4 discs in my boxed set. David Emgee was supposed to be there, but he didn't show. Gaylen told me that she didn't do the Dawn remake like the other guys because it wasn't directed by Romero. Ken Foree asked me how the director's cut turned out since I mentioned importing it. Scott Reiniger didn't say much at all. Joe Pilato signed my Day of the Dead dvd. I couldn't tell if he was just crazy or coked up. He was extremely sweaty, shook a lot and signed my dvd, Bryan... Choke on 'em. Or at least I think that's what he said. I mentioned my disastrous meet up with Savini and he asked that I tell it to him. After I describe it, he says "you know what? fuck him. fuck him. fuck him." Over and over. "But I didn't say that." Joe really creeped me out. I got a copy of one of those THE DEAD WALK newspaper copies from him and he signed it with some insane gibberish personalization.

Bryan...
Sit on i||||!
Nale Snot!

Joe Pilato
Rhodes

Fucking strange, man.

The fucking goons who organize the Festival of the Dead activities for Salem were there. If you've ever seen the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode about Ouija boards, they're the idiots who made up Cryptique. They buy their own hype so hardcore. They were really rocking the gothic styles and striking a pose every chance they got. Unbelievably gay.

Finally, we bought this DVD from a home grown company named Morbid Vision, or something like that, paid out the nose for their no-budget horror flick, Bone Sickness. It was obviously an idea conceived over bong hits, features terrible acting, excessive gratuitous nudity and some cheesy looking effects. That said, I loved it. By a guy named Brian Paulin from Sekonk, MA. It reminded me of the Violent Shit movies. Shot on mini-DV, containing extremely gory scenes and splashy violence with blood like Kool-Aid. It's completely incomprehensible, but there's a lot of love in that movie and it looks like it was a blast to shoot. Not only that, but it includes some stunt scenes in the end that could challenge Deabeat At Dawn's home-grown crazy stunts. Car crashes, too. Lots of car crashes.

http://www.morbidvisionfilms.com/

I spent a shitload, walked away with some cool new movies, and got a lot of shit signed. It was a good time. No idea how the Misfits show went down, though.