Criterion Videodrome

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Latte Thunder

Criterion Videodrome

Post by Latte Thunder » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:38 pm

It's been a little while since I've felt compelled to buy a Criterion DVD. As good as their presentations are, I find some of the catalog to be a little too arty for my tastes which are typically low-class. However, Videodrome is a favorite of mine and my favorite Cronenberg flick, so I couldn't resist.

It gets the typical Criterion treatment. Superior picture and audio, multiple commentaries and a shitload of extras (most notably the ability to watch the video segments of the Videodrome broadcasts and the Samurai Dreams short without the feature interruptions).

I've been very hungry for a solid DVD release of this flick for years. Having lived off of a failing VHS pre for years, I can say that this is one of the best Criterions I've seen.

Just a heads up as it's a hot-shit disc that deserves a little attention.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]

Remo D

Post by Remo D » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:40 pm

My ONLY complaint about the Criterion VIDEODROME set (otherwise a flawless rendering of one of my very favorite films ever) is the lack of the deleted scenes that showed up in Universal's TV print...
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!

Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:49 pm

I've heard of these tv scenes, but I've never seen them. The first time I ever saw Videodrome was on TV back in the 80's. A UHF station ran the R rated cut but didn't bother to edit it for content at all. So I've never seen these TV scenes.

What were they?