Manson

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Kimberly

Manson

Post by Kimberly »

Manson/The Manson Family/Charlie's Family/The movie that's taken Van Bebber forever to release... Call it whatever you want, all I know is that I enjoyed it. I've never seen the work print, so I can't compare. The film is like watching a documentary... going from re-enactments of what was going on back in 1969 (actually not much was going on apparently other then alot of group sex and drug taking) then this is woven with more recent (I believe the begining of the film said 1996) interviews with the parties involved with Manson's Family. The only thing is that I thought the whole side story (I don't know whatelse to call it) of the modern day Manson followers was totally not necessary. I mean it didn't make the movie less enjoyable for me, I still would of liked it with that stuff not in the movie... well that and the fact that I didn't see the need for it.
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I didn't see the need for it.

I think he was trying to say that Manson's influence survives to this very day. That's what I got out of it. I have the Czech DVD. Decent A/V quality. I went into this remembering how long it took to complete it, and Shawn Smith's little diatribe on it sucking when he saw the complete print at a convention. I didn't expect much. After Bebber little publicized stint with Jail and drugs I sort of lost interest in hearing about it. Then not too long ago I saw the movie. It's by far his most fully realized work.(it better fucking be after 15 years) Maybe his best. Although I love My Sweet Satan. I say give it a look.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
shawn

Post by shawn »

It still blows dead goats...

And the "modern day Manson followers" shit was LAME.
Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

shawn wrote:It still blows dead goats...
And the "modern day Manson followers" shit was LAME.
I enjoyed it :p
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Well, it stripped the paint off of OUR walls when we showed it for our charity festival last June...

But check THIS out if you haven't already...

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 20002/1023
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

He calls Manson "remarkable" and yet HATED Team America... I just don't get it!!
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

PS... This opens in LA this weekend