Saw

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Jakeuglyface

Saw

Post by Jakeuglyface »

Is anyone else as stoked about SAW as I am? I hope it lives up to all the hype. I think if I have to wait any longer to see it my head is going to explode!!!!! :eek: Has anyone had a chance to see it? Any spoiler free opinions?
MaggotExistence

Post by MaggotExistence »

I Have not seen it. But yes im close to as stoked as you. Did you see Event Horizon? It reminded me of the camera style for some reason.
"Judge me not, as you don't understand my way
Law equals justice, for those who conspired it
Judge me not, every word is a shade of grey
Law equals justice, and freedom is but a lie"
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Despite having the movie spoiled for me a few weeks ago by some random douche bag... that didn't take away from me enjoying this movie. REALLY good... there were enough twists that had me guessing wrong.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The doctor cutting off his own foot at the end, though it wasn't shown in full detail had me wincing. The scene with the chick with the reverse bear trap of sorts attached to her face was GREAT!! Very tense that was...

I loved how at first in the begining of the movie you think it's the orderly, only to later on think no wait it's Danny Glover... no wait is it the orderly?! I was thinking that maybe the spoiler that I read about who it actually was, was wrong... but it wasn't :(

Still a great movie... nice to see something original for a change.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Been tempted to check out the bootlegs on the bit torrent trackers, but I'd really rather wait to see this on the big screen.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Jakeuglyface

Head exploded

Post by Jakeuglyface »

I have been looking forward to it for a really long time and I kept reading that the release date for it was in september so when it didn't come in september I was really temted to find a bootleg. But I think I will wait for Friday because it so close, that and my head already exploded, in fact I don't even know how I am typing this...
stypees back

Post by stypees back »

Kind of a shame, movies that make tons of money like the remake of THE GRUDGE capture really big audiences. People in our community familuar with THE SAW seek out bootlegs because of release confusion and bad distribution. While LION'S GATE (in my opinion) has a great marketing team and a fairly open mind to releasing the good stuff, they still have to succumb to the crappy ratings system. Anybody know how much they had to cut out of this for an R?

I haven't seen the film and don't really do the "bootleg" thing, not that literatte in computers and don't have a burner for DVD'S anyway. Also gets me a tad bit paranoid, wasn't as easy as it was during the "Blackest Heart" days.
[color=DarkSlateBlue]ON TOUR, LIMITED CITIES[/color]

[size=134]STYPEE AND JOYCE[/size]

[color=YellowGreen]LIVE AND IN LOVE: AROUND THE GLOBE[/color]

[font=Courier New]A TOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING![/font]

[color=DarkOrange]COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON! [/color]

[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6146/joyce8gz.png[/img]
Jakeuglyface

Another movie...

Post by Jakeuglyface »

There was another movie that should be out but I can't find anywhere. It is called The Machinist and as far as I know it came out on the 22nd but I can't seem to find anywhere playing it. The website for it doesn't say anything about limited release and as far I can tell it isn't playing anywhere. Does anyone know if The Machinist is out and available for viewing? I am pissed I can't see it because I was relying on it to tide me over while I eagerly awaited SAW.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Jakeuglyface wrote:There was another movie that should be out but I can't find anywhere. It is called The Machinist and as far as I know it came out on the 22nd but I can't seem to find anywhere playing it. The website for it doesn't say anything about limited release and as far I can tell it isn't playing anywhere. Does anyone know if The Machinist is out and available for viewing? I am pissed I can't see it because I was relying on it to tide me over while I eagerly awaited SAW.

On IMDB it says that October 22nd it's in limited release in the US. While I'm looking foward to seeing The Machinist I'm worried that Christian Bale's extreme appearance in it will be too distracting.

I saw a bootleg of Saw (yeah, yeah... shame on me) and REALLY enjoyed the movie... it's not going to stop me from going to the theater and seeing it. I can't wait to see it in the theater!! We'd go this weekend but we're going to see Alice Cooper (w00t!)
ROBERT

Saw

Post by ROBERT »

I say see the bit torrent boots. It's been getting some pretty scathing advance reviews. So you're on your own. I think it's a pretty good popcorn flick It lacks logic but makes up for it in tension. Something rare in mainstream horror.

The U.S "R" cut is missing 25 seconds tops. A shot of a blade sawing through a leg,an extended shot of intestines going through hands, and an extended shot of a blade cutting into a torso.

The Canadian release version is apparently the unrated cut. But the unrated will be making it's way to DVD according to the director. So I wouldn't sweat it.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
shawn

Post by shawn »

I've seen both cuts. R and unrated. The cuts are minimal. Some may not notice. This isn't a "gore" movie anyway. Its a cool movie nonetheless.
PS: thats fucked that someone spoiled the ending for you Kim. The ending is so fucking cool, its rare that horror films actually have a "good" satisfying ending. I love the ending to this film, sort of reminds me of the first time I saw Planet Of The Apes as a kid...

Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
putriddivinity

Post by putriddivinity »

Saw should be pretty good, especially since I'm going to get extremely shit faced before I see it. :metal:
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

shawn wrote:PS: thats fucked that someone spoiled the ending for you Kim.
Yeah it was fucked that it was spoiled for me. However... thruout the film there were enough twists that had me second guessing what was spoiled for me. I kept thinking well maybe that prick was wrong and just being a douche...

In the end they were right in their spoiler... it didn't take away though from me enjoying the movie. I thought it rocked and had lots of really tense moments...

At one part I was actually yelling at the tv like a mental patient :D
TWITCH

Post by TWITCH »

I just finished watching a bootleg copy I downloaded and I gotta say it was a damn good movie. Tomorrow I'll stop bein a cheapskate and go PAY to see it on the big screen :metalhead
Jakeuglyface

SAW it twice

Post by Jakeuglyface »

I saw it twice in one night :metal: it rocked. The only complaint I had was when the movie would have those parts in fast motion, for me it made it seem less brutal. But is a small complaint.
MattV

Post by MattV »

...cary elwes' acting was horrid... I wasnt that impressed, maybe I was expecting too much :(
[img]http://a695.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/16/l_43ca52bb574b898e47c1fc2a070dbc56.gif[/img]
[img]http://a666.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/11/l_908015b4c7658b7a503715d1757d15d1.jpg[/img]
putriddivinity

Post by putriddivinity »

It didn't live up to my expectations but, I was pretty drunk so, maybe I'll go see it again just to make sure if it did suck.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

While I rarely agree with Shawn...I did enjoy Saw.

It was a lot like Deep Se7en Suspects, but I didn't mind the merging of those elements. My big complaint would be that it started like the people trapped would have ironic things set to happen, and then lost that edge. Like the guy with the razor wire, that was a good, relevant punishment/murder.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner... and I ain't talking about the fucking election, either.

"Argento" is Italian for "silver." "Wan" is a synonym for "pale." Close enough. James Wan is really Dario Argento, although he went back in time for re-invigoration without losing track of all the new tricks.

I was cringing at the devices, worshipping the DEEP RED tribute with the doll, getting fed up near the end for what I felt was an all-too-conventional climax, and then having my attitude force-fed to me from a hot, steaming platter. (I had successfully avoided each and every spoiler.)

DAMN, but this one got to me!
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
shawn

Post by shawn »

Glad to hear you liked it Remo, I actually went to see it again last night with some friends that hadn't seen it yet. I really dig this movie.
Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Shawn, you and I need to do a show together.

We've got all the ingredients this year alone...

I liked one that everybody else hated (EXORCIST:TB)

You hated one that everybody else liked (SHAUN OF THE DEAD)

We agree hugely on something like SAW...

So plenty of room for debates and team-up recommendations, and I don't THINK anyone would challenge our genre credentials at this point (unlike some televised critics I could name).
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Dr. D

Post by Dr. D »

Went and watched this movie last night and was pleased with the whole picture.
Danny Glover actually didn't spoil it for me....nothing against him but he is too Leathal Weapon for me.
....D....
I glimpsed a bat with butterfly wings....oh what marvelous things.
jga5000

Post by jga5000 »

It was pretty good, ending seriously took me by surprise which made me appreciate it more. I didn't have any problem with the acting like a lot of people complain about, as long as I could follow the story, the acting is fine.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Overall I liked it, but I thought Cary Elwes acting sucked.
I had the worst urge to scream " AS YOOOOUUUU WISSSSHHHH.... "

It won't rank in my favorites, but it sure as hell gets bonus points for really creative ways to die !!!

Actually, seeing the preview for The Devil's Rejects was worth the corney lines at the end. THAT is the movie I'm dying for.
I made the Devil do it.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

I still havent had the chance to see this one although, I really want to.

One thing I have to say is pretty damn stupid are the commercials for Saw. At the end they show the title and the announcer says "See Saw!". Good lord, and I usually get a kick out of stupid puns and funny associations. :headshot:
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
stypees back

Post by stypees back »

Gorified wrote:I still havent had the chance to see this one although, I really want to.

One thing I have to say is pretty damn stupid are the commercials for Saw. At the end they show the title and the announcer says "See Saw!". Good lord, and I usually get a kick out of stupid puns and funny associations. :headshot:
Funny, I just came here to post that exact same thing. What a stupid tag line. I wonder if it's done on purpose?

Anyway, the girlfriend and I plan on seeing it this Saturday. Can't wait.

btw.. slightly off topic, anybody see TEAM AMERICA? Sick fucking movie! Loved it.
[color=DarkSlateBlue]ON TOUR, LIMITED CITIES[/color]

[size=134]STYPEE AND JOYCE[/size]

[color=YellowGreen]LIVE AND IN LOVE: AROUND THE GLOBE[/color]

[font=Courier New]A TOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING![/font]

[color=DarkOrange]COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON! [/color]

[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6146/joyce8gz.png[/img]