Thou Shall Not Kill...Except DVD CUT?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
ROBERT

Thou Shall Not Kill...Except DVD CUT?

Post by ROBERT »

I just scored the Thou Shall Not Kill DVD for 14 bucks U.S,new. I've always liked the movie,since I first saw it on the Prism VHS tape. But I seem to recall more carnage the first time around. Is Anchor Bay's version cut? I know there was an R-rated version, that was in theatres, in the 80s. It would be keeping with AB's policy of advertising uncut movies,when there not.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
violentm

Post by violentm »

Why the Hell does Anchor Bay do that??
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

Robert,

After reading your message, I compared the AB DVD with a Starmaker Video EP tape that I picked up not long afterwards (the box art is priceless). Both clocked in at 84 minutes, which is the correct length. It could be a case of remembering more than what's really there (believe me, it's happened to me before...I remembered tons more violence in MAD MAX and PIECES before I saw those again).

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

David,I understand where you're coming from,when you envision more violence than there really is.This could be such an instance. But someone told me that the Prism tape might actually run a little faster. Maybe it was transferred at a slightly faster speed to save tape?

The director on AB's commentary does state it's running time as 85 minutes. Guess he didn't know the actual length.But the Prism tape did have the infamous barf in the hat scene, intact.When the director Josh Becker said it was cut from all prints.

------------------
Wherever you go,there you are.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento