Gore suggestions?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
MrFulci

Post by MrFulci »

I also find that films that are strictly known for their gore can be pretty boring.

I recently picked up the Guinea Pig Collection from Uneartherd Films. IF I had seen these movies when I was 13 or so I may have been all over them. Now, at 23 years old, it's boring. Devil Doctor Woman I watched from start to finish because it was bizarre, and overall decent. I could watch that again. All the others in that box set I didn't have the patience for. I ended up fast forwarding through 90% of the films, stopping on the occasional gore scene. While watching those movies I'd think about what else I could be doing with my time, or at least what other movie I could be watching.

Untold Story, while not totally gory, many consider it a gore film, it's a movie I could watch more than a few times. Cannibal Holocaust is another good one.

Some of the Fulci films out there I find boring (Black Cat, Manhattan Baby, Touch of Death, etc), though there are others I feel are worth their reputation. The Gates fo Hell is my favorite. House by the Cemetery, The Beyond, and Zombie I also find decent. What I probably enjoy most about Gates of Hell and House by the Cemetery is how off the wall they are. A loose plot that chugs along.

What I enjoy in horror films is a lot of roughness. I like horror films that are similar to a roller coaster.. or at least The Scrambler. Whether or not gore is present. Some movies of this type I enjoy are Anguish, Maniac, Man Bites Dog, Psycho, Basket Case, Don't go in the House, The Burning, Cannibal Holocaust, Haute Tnesion, etc.

Blood Feast (and part 2), I Drink your Blood, Grizzly, Shriek of the Mutilated, The Pit, Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals, Prey, etc are also some horror films I enjoy. Not because of the gore or intensity, but because they are silly. Most recently I saw Grizzly, that movie had me in awe. The Girzzly would swipe at people and limbs would fly off camera. The end was also great, it features a bazooka. WOW.

Gorified, listed above are some movies I enjoy. I suggeest you checkout some of them. Also, some folks here mentioned Death tapes. Those are also excellent sources for gore, and depending on the tape, real gore.

When it comes to horror films, different strokes for different folks. The same goes for anything in life. I may not "get" why a person likes a certain fillm, or why a person puts gore before story, vice-versa. All together, there are plenty of moveis out there that there is somethign for everyone.
Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your penis out when you're cooking.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

DylanDog wrote:Not only that, but I think the horror fans who want all gore all the time and nothing but gore tend to give the whole community a bad name. For a genre so often under attack, it's seems a bit counterproductive to openly admit that artistic merit is not important to you.
Those are very good points but, there's one thing wrong with it though. You have NO idea what movies I have. I have TONS of movies that you would probabaly say "Oh yeah, that's a good one!". Maybe I am looking for gore movies because I already have a ton of really well made/told horror movies. At no point did I say that the only horror movies I watch have to have tons of gore. What's wrong with having some movies in my collection that have more gore than story?

My personal preferences have a pretty wide scope so, not knowing that, I've got no problems with your statement other than being completely incorrect about what I like/have/watch. I dont have any problems with other people having a more narrow scope. Everyone likes different things so, if you know of a really gory movie, feel free to let me know. :)
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

MrFulci, thanks for the info! I already have a lot of the ones you listed but, I'll check out the others!
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

Oops....invalid post.... :)
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

There's always those shitty August Underground films if you're looking for gore...

You'll also prolly like Murder-Set-Pieces... which has lots of grue but is a crappy film...
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
BILE

Post by BILE »

Ok if its pure gore you want then go to http://www.rotten.com and find their movie section.Enough said it's all real but it's definitely still worth a look. :chainsaw:
"Remember that you are unique,Just like everyone else"