Hollywood Meatclever Massacre

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Rich

Hollywood Meatclever Massacre

Post by Rich »

What a deceiving title and what a bore of a movie. Going into this I was expecting some 70's exploitation gore/slasher cheese and what I got was boring and non-gory exploitation cheese. Not one meatclever to be found but I'm assuming from all the palm trees the film does take place in Hollywood?

Christopher Lee does a strange intro and outro reading different and boring stories of the occult. The movie kicks in and it looks promising but dies during the home invasion scene which could have been a tasteless and gory romp. Basically the story follows a college professor whose family is off-ed by his own students and he's left to rot in a hospital bed but exacts revenge via the demon which he conjures up, the same demon he teaches about in his class. Its just bad man..........I dunno........does anyone like it?
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Well, it would be going to far to push this as any sort of "good" movie, but it does exert a strange 70s sleaze fascination over me. Hey man, there's a cactus attack, the bit with the car hood, and that rather suffocating sex scene...

...and yes, the rather infamous story of Christopher Lee coming in to do an intro-outro to what he was told was an occult documentary--he had NO idea what the film actually was (let alone what it was CALLED) and spent years denying that he had ever done it.

It's one for the "they don't make 'em like that anymore" file, and it's something I find myself drawn back to visit more frequently than a raft of more recent (and far more generic) offerings.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
llapman

Post by llapman »

Ahhh, now there's a title I haven't heard for ages! I have a soft spot for this flick since I saw it as an 8 or 9 year old kid at the drive in. True, it's not very good, but I enjoy it way more than the Hollywood junk that gets passed off as horror these days. Christopher Lee has said he doesn't remember this one, which doesn't suprise me, since it had a bunch of other titles. Besides, how can you toally dismiss a flick where a guy is killed by a cactus?

Later
[font=Century Gothic]Brian Llapitan[/font] :dsmoke:
steven_millan

Post by steven_millan »

I'm surprised that Fred Olen Ray or William Lustig haven't yet released this movie onto their own DVD labels(especially Ray,who enjoys releasing extremely cheesy titles such as this one). :chainsaw: :chainsaw: