NES Emulator

This forum is for discussion of console and PC games.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Project Undead Vish

NES Emulator

Post by Project Undead Vish »

i just got one of these for my computer and it is like digital crack. i have been playing games that i forgot all about, and playing games that i always wanted when i was a kid. fucking. rad.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Project Undead Vish wrote:i just got one of these for my computer and it is like digital crack. i have been playing games that i forgot all about, and playing games that i always wanted when i was a kid. fucking. rad.
Which emulator do you use? I used NESticle a few years ago, and I loved it even though it was far from perfect. Is there something better out now?
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

Yeah, details!
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Talk emulators all day but make sure not to post any links to ROMs, Nintendo is raising hell over them due to the fact that they will be making them available for download for the emulator on the Revolution console :)
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
fishnuggets

Post by fishnuggets »

Chris Slack wrote:Nintendo will be making them available for download for the emulator on the Revolution console :)
Really? Damn.

I have aboot 250 NES carts collecting dust here at my house. I was really into collecting them back in '99-'00. An emulator would be much less maintenance.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

fishnuggets wrote:Really? Damn.

I have aboot 250 NES carts collecting dust here at my house. I was really into collecting them back in '99-'00. An emulator would be much less maintenance.

If you are looking to get rid of them I will gladly take them off your hands. You wouldn't even have to pay me :)
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Chris Slack wrote:Talk emulators all day but make sure not to post any links to ROMs, Nintendo is raising hell over them due to the fact that they will be making them available for download for the emulator on the Revolution console :)
A wise move by Nintendo. It'll get guys like me to buy one. Even though the graphics, the sound, and the complexity of the games were nothing compared to what they are today, NOTHING beats the good ol NES on the "fun scale". I just enjoy the fuck out of them.
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

We had a friend modify our XBOX a few months ago...

Plays old arcade games, NES, SNES, Genesis and a few others... total about 1000+ games and a new hard drive that we can burn games to it... you wanna talk crack?! I can't tell you how many hours I've been wasting on it...
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
fishnuggets

Post by fishnuggets »

Chris Slack wrote:If you are looking to get rid of them I will gladly take them off your hands. You wouldn't even have to pay me :)
They're a pain n the ass, but(t) I love 'em and could never part wiff them.
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

i use BIOnes. works well enough for me. i got 750 roms for nes. i had a sega emulator and a super nes emulator as well. but snes and sega were consols that i never got all that much into when i was a kid because i never had em. so i got rid of em. i have a lot of fun with my nes emu though.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
Demolition Hammer

Post by Demolition Hammer »

Adremelech wrote:A wise move by Nintendo. It'll get guys like me to buy one. Even though the graphics, the sound, and the complexity of the games were nothing compared to what they are today, NOTHING beats the good ol NES on the "fun scale". I just enjoy the fuck out of them.
Plus it'll be fun to be able to play Bionic Commando or Mike Tyson's Punchout without having to blow on the cartridge and try to line it up just right so it'll play.
I have to return some videotapes.

Fallen Angels new CD "Rise From Ashes" available now from [url=http://www.metal-on-metal.com]Metal On Metal Records,[/url]. Visit our Myspace page [url=http://www.myspace.com/fallenangelsthrash]here[/url] for samples.

[url=http://www.tulalipchampionshipwrestling.com]TCW - Tulalip Championship Wrestling[/url]
DrYhEavE

Post by DrYhEavE »

fishnuggets wrote:Really? Damn.

if they're collecting dust, i'll buy them. what do you have?
Fuck Earth.