Just Before Dawn- good backwoods/slasher/thriller

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Rich

Just Before Dawn- good backwoods/slasher/thriller

Post by Rich »

Watched this last night and I have to give it props, it really surprised me. Beautiful scenery and backdrop, big fat redneck inbred killers and a good score somewhat similiar to Friday The 13th but it works. The ending was a bit weird for me with the chicky boo and her hand and a guys throat and....well you know, somewhat offbeat for what was playing out to be a fairly goreless (not completely, little bit of good knife grue but tame as a whole) thriller. I also loved the transformation of Warren's girlfriend from an uptight outdoors woman to a city slicker slut, gotta love those high riding shorts, mmmMMMmmm b-o-y. Jeff Lieberman did a good job with Squirm as well, another childhood favourite of mine and actor George Kennedy is in here as well as a forest ranger, pretty small role actually. Check this out, its pretty good.
stypees back

Post by stypees back »

Rich wrote:Watched this last night and I have to give it props, it really surprised me. Beautiful scenery and backdrop, big fat redneck inbred killers and a good score somewhat similiar to Friday The 13th but it works. The ending was a bit weird for me with the chicky boo and her hand and a guys throat and....well you know, somewhat offbeat for what was playing out to be a fairly goreless (not completely, little bit of good knife grue but tame as a whole) thriller. I also loved the transformation of Warren's girlfriend from an uptight outdoors woman to a city slicker slut, gotta love those high riding shorts, mmmMMMmmm b-o-y. Jeff Lieberman did a good job with Squirm as well, another childhood favourite of mine and actor George Kennedy is in here as well as a forest ranger, pretty small role actually. Check this out, its pretty good.
Yeap, this is one of my favorite 80's slasher flicks. I waited a long time for this one to arrive on DVD and was surprised it getting special treatment! Jeff Leibermen(sp) is a fun director, he did such classics as "squirm", "blue sunshine" and the recent "satan's little history" which I highly reccomend.

Glad you bought it up..
[color=DarkSlateBlue]ON TOUR, LIMITED CITIES[/color]

[size=134]STYPEE AND JOYCE[/size]

[color=YellowGreen]LIVE AND IN LOVE: AROUND THE GLOBE[/color]

[font=Courier New]A TOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING![/font]

[color=DarkOrange]COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON! [/color]

[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6146/joyce8gz.png[/img]