Kimberly rules (Ong-Bak question)

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Kimberly rules (Ong-Bak question)

Post by Remo D »

Finally caught up with this sucker (never played theatrically in my area).

I get the impression that you (Kimberly) caught this on the big screen. As I recall, it was subtitled, right?

Because the 20th Century/Fox DVD does not replicate the experience you presumably had.

Sure enough--there's a Thai soundtrack available, and there are English subtitles (haven't braved the English dub track yet).

Unfortunately, the English subtitles on the DVD represent a "captioned for the hearing impaired" deal as opposed to the real thing... I don't need "Shouting," "Hip-Hop continues" or, worst of all, "Speaking Thai" for English subtitles for a Thai film!!!

What was it like for you on the big screen?
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
xryanvkm

Post by xryanvkm »

Kimberly = a place to deposit your sperm thats it
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

It was AMAZING on the big screen, and it actually played to a packed house when we saw it...

It was subtitled, and not subs for the hearing impaired... what disc of it did you see? Let me know if you'd like the one that I have...

I don't think I've mentioned this in like the last month or so, so I'll say it again...

TONY JA IS THE SHIT!!
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

xryanvkm wrote:Kimberly = a place to deposit your sperm thats it
Actually your gaping ass is used as a cumdumpster... don't hate just because I get a thread stating I rule... and the only threads started about you just talk about what a fag you are... I actually would of responded to this in the abyss... but you're too much of a pussy and have the abyss on block...

And so that we stay on topic... Tony Ja is fucking amazing!
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
xryanvkm

Post by xryanvkm »

I use your pubic hairs to floss my teeth with

but after you are done blowing me, I kick your ass out the door and change the lock.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

It's the standard-release 20th Century/Fox DVD I've got here. Widescreen, awesome, but crappy subtitles (but don't worry, I get the movie just fine).

As for anyone else jumping in on this thread? Go ahead and check the archives--I don't do flame wars and I couldn't possibly care less what you say about Kimberly (or me, for that matter). But she and I go back a long way on this forum, and she's the one that got me intrigued about this movie, so I say... good call!
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
ZXRO

Totally...

Post by ZXRO »

Ong Bak kicked my ass. Silly plot, but holy crap Tony Jaa rules!!!
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I didn't catch Ong Bak in the theater because I'd had it on DVD for a year and a half and movies cost like $15 here. But if you're looking for a DVD:

The region 4 is a very good release. Two disc affair, both versions (French theatrical and Thai uncut) and documentaries, and demonstrations.

The R2 HK Legends disc is either due out soon, or recently released, and should also be very good.

I think both releases have exclusive special features.

I had a boot of the THai DVD which also had the fight demonstration video they used to entice the director, which had many of the stunts/fights from the movie w/o the annoying slow mo. Also, that Thai DVD listed the easter eggs in the film, one of which got Luc Besson involved.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]