Waaaar whaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

This forum is for discussion of console and PC games.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Drew

Waaaar whaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Post by Drew »

MVP Bball is dead! .... 2kSports revenge of the Madden license begins today!!!!

WOOT - MLB2k6 ... the ONLY bball game on the market thanks to EA!

Yeah thats right, its EA's own damn fault they lost the bball license. When you out bid the competition for football as much as they did, DUH, the other company throws ALL its money at the other sport and out bids you - dumbasses!

Supposedly 2Ksports incorporated some of MVP's batting/pitching tricks into this game and so far the videos/screenies look nice. Getting it when the UPS truck hits my Gamestop.

Walter! Whatcha gonna do man? :confused:
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

There is MLB2006 The Show, 989 Sports baseball game for the PS2. Take Two only got a 3rd party exclusive so 989 can deliver it's usual suckiness.

I have to wait a while to get 2K6, I have spent way too much money on video games lately and since I am only playing Oblivion now...
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Drew

Post by Drew »

Chris Slack wrote:...since I am only playing Oblivion now...
Tell me about it ... I'm 40 hrs in and not even a 1/3 thru the main quest. I played thru 1/2 of GRAW and traded it in (to much repetitive memorization) for Far Cry (my kinda shooter).

Daaaang now MLB .. and sooo many shows on TIVO ... when am I gonna sleep! :metalhead
Drew

Post by Drew »

Sorry, only LISCENSED MLB Bball game .... ;)

Just got home with it... will try it out later/tomorrow.

Here's what an MVP fan said on Gamefaqs....

- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I mean, it takes a few games to really get used to, but overall this is an excellent baseball game. This is coming from a HUGE MVP fan, by the way.

The Gameplay is very, very good. The pitching & hitting really take some work to get the hang of, but once you do, they're better than any other game I've played. The swing stick, and payoff pitching especially are 2 great features.

The sound is the best in any baseball game I've heard. If you've ever watched a baseball game on ESPN, or know anything about baseball, you'll respect and enjoy Jon Miller and Joe Morgan in the booth. The stadium sounds are great, and I especially love the personalized playercrowd heckles ("WHITE?(rondell) YOU SURE YOURE NOT HURT?", "CUDD-YE-ER? WHY ISNT IT CUDYER??").

The graphics were a bit disapointing at first, but like the gameplay, they grow on you (and they are the best graphics of any baseball game I've ever played, which they should be). I tryed it out on a standard definition TV, and a hi-def TV, and the Hi-def obviously looked better, but there really isn't much of a big difference. Those with standard def TV's really won't be missing much.

The only problems I have with it is that it's presented in widescreen form (why?), the fielding controls aren't perfect, and there are some problems with the online play. First of all, you can't change ANY of the camera angles (i prefer using Medium over the default, Low Zoom when batting...luckily its not a huge difference). Second, if you want to change your batter interface from Swing Stick to Classic, it changes it for the other player, too. The first game I played online, the other player preferred Classic hitting. So, after every half inning, whoever was up would pause it, and change the batting interface. It got VERY annoying. Third, there are no replays or cutscenes after/before at bats, or in between innings. This makes for REALLY awkward transitions between batters and innings...Not a huge problem though

I haven't tried the Franchise mode, or the Inside Edge system yet, but I've heard great things about both. I look forward to checking both of them out.

So yeah, overall, if you really like baseball, and own a 360, I would highly reccomend this game.

9/10
Drew

Post by Drew »

5 games played offline, 3 online.

A very good bball game!! Has some glitches and I guess a patch coming soon, but I had a blast with it!! Now just need updated rosters to be able to smash with KenJo!!
Vocaltremors

Post by Vocaltremors »

In my opinion, I think MLB will realize that it was the wrong idea to have an exclusive contract. The NBA and FIFA didn't award these contracts because they realize that it is their best interests not to do so. As for the Madden deal, for the most part, the Madden franchise has become so synonimous with the NFL, that the NFL decided it was best to do it.
Also, Drew, true MVP fans have gone with fan created rosters to use with last year's title. Sure, it's a pain in the ass to take the time to do it, but it's worth it.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Vocaltremors wrote:... but it's worth it.
No it's not. Playing last years game on an old console, with man-made rosters ... ouch, now you know how the ESPN 2k5 crowd felt last fall.
Drew

Post by Drew »

BTW, anyone who gets this game.....

Here are some killer SLIDERS to play with to help tweak and make the game even better! http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79367

There is a patch out now as well which corrects a HDD problem found in 10% of people 360's. Mines never had any problems but the patch improved a buncha stuff!! (replays, ratings, animation, etc). There is also a current roster patch which I found to be pretty accurate!

Check it!