My Seattle International Film Fest picks this year

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Chris Slack

My Seattle International Film Fest picks this year

Post by Chris Slack » Thu May 11, 2006 11:58 am

Pretty weak year if you ask me... tickets go on sale to the general public on the 14th, full schedule at http://www.seattlefilm.com/

a/k/a Tommy ChongUSA, 2005, 75 Minute Running Time
Genre: Documentary
Program: Documentary Films
Language: English
Offering a timely reminder of the erosion of America’s civil liberties, this amusing and enlightening portrait of Tommy Chong follows the $12 million investigation that led to his arrest for selling bongs on the Internet. Apparently, his true crime in the new war on drugs was making pro-marijuana movies.
[font=Arial]Friday, May 26, 9:30 PM

Egyptian Theatre

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[/font]
Frostbite[font=Arial]Frostbiten
Sweden, 2006, 97 Minute Running Time
Genre: Horror
Program: Midnight Adrenaline
Language: Swedish English Sub-Titles
The vampires are moving north… to Sweden! A mother and her teenage daughter leave the big city only to discover a new sort of problem—the kind with fangs. When the world around you is bloody dark, the last thing you want to hear is that there is another month until daylight.
Saturday, May 27, 11:59 PM
Neptune Theatre

[/font]
The Call of CthulhuUSA, 2005, 47 Minute Running Time
Program: Contemporary World Cinema
A young man is charged with sorting out the estate of his much-whispered-about uncle. What he discovers includes mysterious cults, long-buried civilizations, and a malevolent galactic beastie or two. The unimaginable, tentacle-intensive horrors of H.P. Lovecraft receive an impressively faithful, faux-silent film treatment with a dazzling symphonic score. Plays with THE RADIUM FOLLIES and TERRA INCOGNITA.
[font=Arial]Monday, June 05, 9:15 PM

Broadway Performance Hall

[/font]
Brothers of the HeadUnited Kingdom, 2005, 90 Minute Running Time
Genres: Black Comedy, Comedy
Program: Contemporary World Cinema
Entertaining fake documentary about conjoined twins Tom and Barry Howe, plucked from obscurity and groomed to become punk rock idols. Grasping at the truth from an array of unreliable accounts, the duo negotiates love, artistic rivalry and the suppression of their unique voice(s).
[font=Arial]Friday, June 09, 9:15 PM

Pacific Place Cinema

[/font]
Evil AliensUnited Kingdom, 2005, 90 Minute Running Time
Genres: Comedy, Horror
Language: English
The visitors have finally landed and they’ve got a penchant for probing. The glop flows freely throughout this hardcore E.T./zombie/cannibal/reality TV mashup set in the Welsh countryside. This cheeky, often hilarious ride, is assured of cult status from frame one.
[font=Arial]Saturday, June 10, 11:59 PM

Neptune Theatre

[/font]
IsolationUnited Kingdom, 2005, 95 Minute Running Time
Additional Countries: Ireland
[font=Arial]US Premiere

On a remote Irish farm, a surly farmer has reluctantly allowed a bio-tech corporation to run breeding experiments on his livestock and soon enough a small cluster of people are facing off against a mutant cow. The lactose-intolerant need not apply.
Friday, June 16, 11:59 PM
Egyptian Theatre

[/font]
Monster HouseUSA, 2006, 87 Minute Running Time
Genres: Animation, Horror
Program: Films4Families
It’s the day before Halloween in sleepy Mayville and something strange is going on. When old man Nebbercracker dies suddenly, his house takes on his surly characteristics and wakes up hungry! Part TOY STORY, part NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, with a little SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, MONSTER HOUSE appeals to children and adults alike.
[font=Arial]Sunday, June 18, 11:00 AM

Neptune Theatre[/font]
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

ZXRO

Nice...

Post by ZXRO » Thu May 11, 2006 5:34 pm

Sounds like they got some good programming this year. I have been slacking (no pun) on SIFF lately. I think the last movie I saw at a SIFF was Wild Zero, and that was years ago.

One of these days I gotta pick up Wild Zero. That movie was awesome.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]

I am 138

Post by I am 138 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:38 pm

I don't know that I LIKED it, but I think this is a must see, and a good one for the big screen: http://www.seattlefilm.org/festival/film/detail.aspx?id=16410&FID=13
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]