I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

chemical boy

I saw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by chemical boy »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am very pleased to anounce that I am no longer a virgin to The Hills Have Eyes!

A Masterpice! Definetly a soon to be classic, I mean where else are you going to get Texas Chainsaw Masacer, Wrong Turn, Pumkin Head, Friday the 13th and Hellrazor, all rolled into one absolutely delicious Christmas gift pack lol!
I mean the graphics, the violence..the plot where do I begin to describe my delight!
The director must have said "we shall spare NOTHING to mske this worth the watching!" And, please correct me if I am wrong but does anyone else see a sequle in the making?
My only gripe, is that they did most of the killing in the first few moments of the film.............I would have dragged it out, or you know in that scene where David or the tellecommunications guy was locked in that cooler?
I would have a body all mutilated but still alive in there with him.
Please excuse the spelling I'm just a little bit excited and my spelling suffers as a result
But let me just say I was truly impressed! In a time when most horror films are watered down to make them more acceptable, this was a nice return to the basics blood, guts, and random acts of senseless violence!

p.s. thanks for the recomendations guys
p.p.s has anyone seen the first Hellrazor? And do you think it's worth the watching?
C.B.
ZXRO

Heh...

Post by ZXRO »

Hellraiser is good, but Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 is way better.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
StarDrowned

Post by StarDrowned »

I wasn't too pleased with the new "The Hills Have Eyes"...In fact, I didn't think it had enough gore, I felt it was rather boring (especially when you're not in the comfort of your own home, but a theater packed full). I wouldn't watch it a second time.
And, no, I don't see a sequel coming because many people were not pleased by it and it didn't have good reviews, locally here at least. It wasn't that impressive to me.
;)
ZXRO

Wow...

Post by ZXRO »

You are the only one...some of the most old school horror purists I know loved it.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
StarDrowned

Post by StarDrowned »

Yes, well, I always was called an 'individual', lol.

I guess I have a wide imagination when it comes to horrors, well, movies in general, and I always feel some movies could have been better in a handfull of areas and it turns me off.
ZXRO

I see...

Post by ZXRO »

Sounds like you need to make your own movie, show everyone else how it's really done!

StarDrowned

Post by StarDrowned »

Haha, maybe, one day. ;)

(I know you were being sarcastic)
MrFulci

Post by MrFulci »

I didn't think much of the new Hills Have Eyes, either.

The first HHE, I thought it was decent, nothing too impressive, a way to eat up 90min. I feel almost the saem way about this remake.

Something about the film felt too silly. US Flag is shown a lot. In general, there was nothing in the film that made me say, "hmm, wow, don't see that everday/didn't see that coming". No "tension", hahaha. yeah....

The only time that surprised me a bit, was when someone got shot in the head near the start of the film. Didn't expect to see that character knocked out of the way, at least not so soon.

It was just too weak at times. It also felt a lot like a comedy or a cartoon.

There were also certain characters I knew weren't going to bite the dust, and, they never did.

I kept checking the DVD playing time during this film, seeing how much was left to sit through. It became a chore as I saw the direction it was heading (rescue).

I had read no thorough reviews about the movie. All I knew about this remake was what I had seen in the original, that there was now mention of disfigured mutants, a rape scene, and a rescue. That's all I knew going into this.

What I EXPECTED was for nearly the whole family to get kidnapped, get dragged into an underground hideaway for those folks, where they have their way with whomever, then kill and eat them, keep them to breed, play with, or whatever. Simple really.

If the kidnapped character was killed off when the guy was trying to rescue it, that would have surprised me, and probably caused me to mark this uop a bit higher. I wouldn't have seen that coming!

If I had to give it a score 1-10, I'd rate this a 5 or 6 (depends on my mood). About the same way I feel about the original.

I prefer Haute Tension.

Better movies from the past 5 years, along these lines, that I've seen (and come to mind rather quickly):

- The Descent (Though I really think the woman should have become a method for breeding with the descent folks. It would have fit right in, considering she missed her daughter. It could have been expressed in a, "tasteful" manner, similar to "The Prey" (1984).
- Irreversible
- Haute Tension
Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your penis out when you're cooking.
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

You know now that I have read your posts I agree I mean I expected much more violence, and I did not expect to see so many charecters get killed right away. I am partial to the slow death myself.
Drag it out make them suffer! Still I must say I loved it

And with regards to Hellrazor...I saw Hellworld and wanted to tear my eyes out in agony! But then I would have cerebral palsy and be blind and that's going a bit to far don't you think?
Are you sure I should see Hellbound before the original Hellrazor?
I ask because if I see them in reverse will I not understand the plot I mean I doubt it...it's the box and pinhead same as always but call me obsesive cumpulsive I need the order! lol
thanks for the feedback guys!
Slither is next on my list so see ya soon
oh and read my post that says for your safety...it's important!
C.B.