Some Comments on Hellraiser and Jason X

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

chemical boy

Some Comments on Hellraiser and Jason X

Post by chemical boy »

Ok so I took your guys advice and bought the original Hellraiser, and I must say I was some what disappointed, here I am waiting to see Pinhead and the others...and I get uncle Frank the corpse and his little slut still a classic is a classic and I am trying to base my collection primarily on the classics. It was very 80's basic special effects and bad lighting, which of course is made up for by Pinhead in all his glory! Still could someone please tell me which film in the seires explains how Pinhead got created? It's driving me crazy! I gotta know I just have to! HELP ME!

Moving on, Jason X...Of course I am happy to see Jason doing what he does best KILLING! blood, guts, and senseless gore, can't go wrong. Also his new up grades were just plain awsome! Still Jason as he originally appears will always stand out to me, and incidentally what is it with these people look if they can bring a lady back to life after being forzen for 400 years then why can't they heal a decapitated victim I don't get it just dosen't seem right furthermore how can Jason X come before Freddy V.S. Jason that would mean they went back several years the timeline dosen't add up. Excuse me for being anal but lets keep things in order here. Unless I am wrong and Freddy V.S. Jason came first...help me out here.
Althought a films not a film without that one flaw you can pick at all day lol!
Anyways,
Keep it bloody:headshot:
C.B.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Hellraiser 2 is a better film overall and gives a bit of insight into the origin of Pinhead.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Agreed--HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER II should give you everything you're looking for.

As for continuity in Jason, Michael or Freddy films? Ain't gonna happen. Ain't gonna happen with Godzilla, and don't get me started on James Bond (okay, GET me started on James Bond. All the way up through A VIEW TO A KILL, it's conceivable that this could have been the SAME MAN throughout the series--given the age of the leads--but once Timothy Dalton came in, you're expected to believe that everybody but Bond actually AGES. Gonna let that kill the Bond series for you, though? Didn't think so. Just have fun.)

But yeah--horror series just LOVE to wipe the slate clean and start over.

JAWS: THE REVENGE ("We feel like there was the first film... and then there was OUR film.")

HALLOWEEN H20 ("4, 5 and 6 are like urban legends--they didn't really happen.")

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 (quite a "Huh?" between 1 and 3, eh?)

JASON GOES TO HELL ("We're pretending that the eighth one never happened.") Leading to JASON X ("We're pretending that JASON GOES TO HELL never happened.") And then FREDDY VS. JASON. ("Well, the eight one STILL never happened, and neither did JASON X. But JASON GOES TO HELL really did happen, after all.")

Feel free to untangle.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
ZXRO

Totally...

Post by ZXRO »

There was decent continuity in the Jason flicks up until 7. The first 4 tell a cohesive story that ends with Jason getting killed by Tommy. The 5th one was a stumble that didn't even have Jason in it (kinda like Halloween Season of the Witch). And then in the 5th one, that crazy dumbass Tommy resurrects Jason. From there on out, Jason is superhuman and the story is just reruns. Woo.

Not that you guys didn't already know that.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
MuC

Post by MuC »

i really enjoyed it when jason freezes the chicks face...and then smashes it...:dsmoke:

and the two girls gettin beaten to death in their sleeping bags was pretty good too...heh...
[url=http://www.myspace.com/dissonance]dissonance[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/pillbrigade]pill brigade[/url]

ABORTION KILLS!!!! isnt that the point?...i love [url=http://www.bountyhunterinc.com/]bounty hunter[/url]

...with glowing pride I'll wear my scars...I'm honored by your hatred...

M-u-C...see you real soon...
gsfnw

Post by gsfnw »

I could give a fuck less about continuity of storylines in horror movies. I mean, fuck it. Seeing Jason do the sleeping bag killing properly in Jason X (the kill was also used in Part 7, but he only swung the bitch once) was worth it to me.

The storyline for Jason X was actually pitched to Mustapha Akkaad for Halloween 4, but thankfully he turned it down.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Remo D wrote: JASON GOES TO HELL ("We're pretending that the eighth one never happened.") Leading to JASON X ("We're pretending that JASON GOES TO HELL never happened.") And then FREDDY VS. JASON. ("Well, the eight one STILL never happened, and neither did JASON X. But JASON GOES TO HELL really did happen, after all.")
I always thought Jason X DID happen in the timeline, just after the events in F v J. So, that was like a prequel that explained how Jason got out of hell.

I don't mind the Abbot and Costello approach to resurrection, as long as it's VERY apparent that's what's going on. (IE, all the monsters in A & C Meet Frankenstein had been killed off and had explanations for coming back prior, but for that film, they all just came back for no reason.)
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

I am 138 wrote:I always thought Jason X DID happen in the timeline, just after the events in F v J. So, that was like a prequel that explained how Jason got out of hell.

I don't mind the Abbot and Costello approach to resurrection, as long as it's VERY apparent that's what's going on. (IE, all the monsters in A & C Meet Frankenstein had been killed off and had explanations for coming back prior, but for that film, they all just came back for no reason.)
Oh, man--you've got to dig up Jeff Rovin's novel THE RETURN OF THE WOLFMAN (or was it RETURN OF FRANKENSTEIN?). That's a print sequel to the entire Universal horror series that manages to include even A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN in the continuity timeline and accounts for EVERYTHING... Great fun.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

ok I'll get more in depth latter but I gotta run so
Let me just say I agree a kill's a kill when it comes to Jason, and thanks much for the info on both Halloween and Hellraiser
I am still gonna watch Jason Goes to Hell though what can I say gotta see em all or I am not satisfide.
"sometimes death is better"
Pet Semitary
Keep it Bloody
C.B.