Madden-mania!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussion of console and PC games.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Drew

Madden-mania!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Drew »

Damnit, its like an itch that WON'T go away, I neeeeeeed it ... come on baby, just a quarter, just a series ... daddy needs his medicine!!!!!!!!

Less than a week to go ... got dat beotch prepaid and my Gamestop is having the midnight release on Monday night - woot!! Madden all nite long baby!!

Got the same engine, new animations, better menus, some real extras this time. Sounds like there are still some major GOOFS to look forward to judging from this board. (no fatigue online so MVick cheezers can run WILD, Legends show up in rosters, etc, etc...) Overall sounds like a decent improvement over '06 for your $60.

Not to excited about getting to be a lead blocker (the big new "feature" in this years engine) but check out this video to get you more pumped!!!

Goto www.gametrailers.com ... scroll down a little and select the "Preview HD trailer"!! (135mgs but WORTH it!)

Oof

Post by Oof »

I saw the trailer a couple weeks ago for the 360. Not bad. I dont like the new lead block feature either. But it still looks pretty sweet. Gonna be tough not to buy it until the PS3 comes out.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Dude, never buy a console at launch (sucks!). Get the 360 now and the PS3 next summer when they got their shit together. (if they get their shit together)
Oof

Post by Oof »

You know Im a Playstation crackhead. Thanx to en EX who got me hooked!! Yell at her. Ill end up getting it and an extended warranty on it just in case. Cause, well, I gotta have it!
Drew

Post by Drew »

13.5 hrs and counting, midnight football baby!!!!
Oof

Post by Oof »

I need to know bro, what you think? Ive tried to play 06 on the 360 but its too confusing for my small mind. Especially after playing Madden on the PS series for so damn long.

Honestly, what do you think about the new lead blocker option?
Drew

Post by Drew »

Haven't even tried it yet.

The Superstar mode, Franchise and Legends are deeeep and kept me busy all night. The gameplay is pretty much the same as 06, I can see the lead block feature being pretty cool when you've picked a run play and are committed to running. There are a couple ways to set it up and I plan on getting into it more later today. (workin as fast as I can to get back to playin!)

So far I'm very happy with the improvements in the EXTRAS dept. and I think you should STOP reading this post and drive right to Gamestop!!!! :llama:
Oof

Post by Oof »

Already did. Thing that sucks is my system isnt at home. Its at the new homestead. I wont be moving into there until Friday. DAMNIT!

Might hafta find someone with a PS2 here very soon.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Its pretty cheap to rent a PS2 from Blockbuster for a couple of days.
Oof

Post by Oof »

Welp, I said to hell with it and moved to Kirkland a few days early. So I was able to play the game last night. Not bad. Not much different from 06. Its gonna take some getting used to as far as the lead blocker option. But all in all, not too bad.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I week in ... LOVE IT. Yah it has some bugs, but what game doesnt.

So far, I'm a "Level 7 Madden Gamer" woooot! :smoke:
Oof

Post by Oof »

Im addicted. Been playing like crazy at the homestead. Cant wait for the PS3 damnit!
4G

Post by 4G »

So any tips on the mini-games? And does your created player stats increase over time or only through the mini-games?

4G
[url]http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic[/url]
Oof

Post by Oof »

Ive been playing the 2 minute drill alot. Pretty fun. As far as building stats, I have no fucking clue. I just like to play the game itself and not get too involved on the other crap.

The thing thats pissing me off is I can beat the computron, beat most people that challange me. But when I get online, I just suck plain and simple. Some of these fools online just dont have much else to do I guess.
Vocaltremors

Post by Vocaltremors »

One of the guys at Best Buy was telling me to get Madden 07 for the old Xbox instead of the 360 version because, from what I was told, EA had to leave some stuff out, like Superstar mode, etc., to make room on the disc for the boost in grapics....is this true? If so, I'll just get the Xbox version instead of the 360 version.
4G

Post by 4G »

Vocaltremors wrote:One of the guys at Best Buy was telling me to get Madden 07 for the old Xbox instead of the 360 version because, from what I was told, EA had to leave some stuff out, like Superstar mode, etc., to make room on the disc for the boost in grapics....is this true? If so, I'll just get the Xbox version instead of the 360 version.
Not true, that was Madden 06, 07 has all the bells and whistles. Been playing the s!@# outta it since it came out. I love creating me and then start as QB for the Hawks!

4G
[url]http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic[/url]
Oof

Post by Oof »

4G wrote:I love creating me and then start as QB for the Hawks!

4G

HA! I did that for Madden 05. But people got a lil bit pissed cause my ratings were all maxed at 100.