Snakes On A Plane

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Kimberly

Snakes On A Plane

Post by Kimberly »

And at the drive-in no less... it was craptacular and I loved every min. of it
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

The drive in would have been perfect for that! I loved it, but if it were anyone besides Samuel it wouldn't have worked. At all.
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Yup... I hate CGI but I actually thought they did an OK job with some of the facts.. you notice that the Burmese actually didn't bite anyone? The only kill you see from that particular snake was a squeeze and crush kill. The fact that they didn't have it bite anyone was enough to make me feel a little better about it all.

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Actually, they can bite people, as one bit my wife.

SPOILERS

And lets not forget it ate the dog, then immediately was eating the guy. How did it do that? Nah, this snake should've been left out entirely.

/SPOILERS

zach

Post by zach »

I liked how it bared its teeth like a dog and growled. I don't think i've laughed so hard in ages.
Death to false metal! It is sacrilege! Give me metal or give me DEATH!
[url=http://www.myspace.com/skelator]Skelator[/url] / [url=http://www.metal-on-metal.com]Metal on Metal Records[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

While that was VERY silly, they can make a noise that's somewhat like a growl.

zach

Post by zach »

I'm no snake expert, but do they really bare their teeth like that? Just seemed cheesy.
Death to false metal! It is sacrilege! Give me metal or give me DEATH!
[url=http://www.myspace.com/skelator]Skelator[/url] / [url=http://www.metal-on-metal.com]Metal on Metal Records[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I have not seem them do it like in the film, but I have seen them yawn.

Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Oh yea, they can bite people and they can do a lot of damage in doing so, but they are not poisonous. That's what I was trying to say they did good with.

Yea, I could have done without the snarl... that brought it all down a notch for me.

I am 138 wrote:Actually, they can bite people, as one bit my wife.

SPOILERS

And lets not forget it ate the dog, then immediately was eating the guy. How did it do that? Nah, this snake should've been left out entirely.

/SPOILERS

chemical boy

We have....

Post by chemical boy »

:swear: A dollar theater down town and I wouldn't even take the time to go down there and watch it!
As far as I am concerned any movie that gives you the entire story in the title is just lame!
"Lets call it Snakes On a Plane" No one will figure that out!
Wait what's this peice of jizz about?

Oh snakes I see, and they are on a plane...how original!
I dunno I haven't had my coffee yet.

C.B.:swear:
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I saw this at the drive-in with the help of a six pack of Newcastle Brown. Even though the snakes were pretty fake looking I still thought it was good cheesy fun. It's not as good as "Crank" which I saw earlier in the day.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Chris Slack wrote:I saw this at the drive-in with the help of a six pack of Newcastle Brown. Even though the snakes were pretty fake looking I still thought it was good cheesy fun. It's not as good as "Crank" which I saw earlier in the day.

The girls and I had some sticky while watching it at the drive in... it totally made the movie the wonderful piece of trash that it was.

Gotta love the drive in!!
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Kimberly wrote:Gotta love the drive in!!
You know I've been preaching this forever! In fact, I made my first trip in a few years back to the Atlanta Drive Invasion this past weeked and had a blast. Fesitivities included Johnny Legend doing the original theme from 2000 Maniacs live (among others) before seeing the remake later. Also, moments after Blue Oyster Cult finished playing Godzilla the next night, Godzilla 2000 hit the screen. :)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

You know, I was all set to let this one wait for DVD. Sure, the pre-hype Internet party was amusing for a while, but all it could do in the end was make an anti-climax out of the movie itself ("hey, we don't have to promote it--they're doing it for us!"). A perfectly unassuming popcorn film... horror, disaster, Samuel L. Jackson doing his thing... let's face it, it's a glorified Sci-Fi Channel Original (complete with the usual assortment of CGI snakes). And they listened a bit too hard to the fans, beefed it up for the gratuitous "R" rating, and tried to sell the freshly-added line (oh, hell, you ALL know it by now) as the new "Go ahead--make my day" even though you can't even say it on TV!

But last night, it was time to take my daughter to another concert. This time it was AFI. And it wasn't as big a deal as the 30 Seconds to Mars concert. In fact, Rebecca and Megan held a certain amount of resentment against AFI for daring to win the VMA Video of the Year award that they didn't "deserve" because the 3STM Echelon had voted non-stop for THEIR band. But AFI is still okay, and Davey's still hot, etc. etc.

Problem is--my wife had to work that night. And my buddy Dave's wife got sick, so he had to stay home and take care of her. Which left me wandering the streets of Santa Cruz for some considerable time waiting for this concert to end.

Nothing playing in THAT town that wasn't playing in MY town... except the last gasp of... you guessed it... SNAKES ON A PLANE.

I knew I'd pretty much seen the whole film already (between the ad campaign and all the other snake movies I'd seen--hell, I even remember FER-DE-LANCE, the TV movie they're probably going to re-release as SNAKES ON A SUB. So why on earth would anybody care what I had to say about this one?

But I forgot something crucial. I forgot that I, and I alone, was the BOA VS. PYTHON guy! I'M the one that gave it its ONE good review in print! In a prestigious magazine, yet! I did ALL the PYTHON films for VW, in fact. And I'd have the temerity to turn down a CGI snake movie on the BIG SCREEN?

Final result: just what Kimberly said. It was a completely predictable piece of pap, but it moved along, had some decent laughs, some hilariously cheesy effects, a mind-bogglingly silly music video on the end credits... and, oh yes, I thought "Fucking thing! Get off my dick!" was even better than "I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!"

It's still a Sci-Fi Channel movie--it's about as good as PYTHON, a lot better than PYTHON 2, but just not quite as insanely inspired as BOA VS. PYTHON. And that's really all there is to it.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Remo D wrote: I forgot that I, and I alone, was the BOA VS. PYTHON guy!
Now, hang on there...

Remo D

Post by Remo D »

I am 138 wrote:Now, hang on there...
Oh, I don't mean I'm the only guy who liked BOA VS. PYTHON--just the only one who gave it a good review in print... I'm still living that down in some circles...
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Kimberly wrote:The girls and I had some sticky while watching it at the drive in... it totally made the movie the wonderful piece of trash that it was.
I think you and the 'girls' have been spending too much time together...

I miss the drive-ins like you wouldn't believe. They tore down my local to build a megaplex over ten years ago so there's only one drive-in left in the city, if not the state (which is bigger than Texas), and all they do is play is family films and jack the prices up to keep the troublemakers out. Rest assured when I'm done customizing my van interior, I'll be making my presence known - no matter what's on the marquee (hopefully TROUSER SNAKES ON A PLANE).
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

There're a few drive ins on this side, but they don't do double features, which is just ridiculous. That's the whole soul of the drive in, to me.

dr coathanger

Post by dr coathanger »

Kimberly wrote:And at the drive-in no less... it was craptacular and I loved every min. of it
Yeah! Caught it opening weekend at the drive-in, stoned off my ass, which is probably the best possible condition to see it. Fun movie, blah, blah.
What I find more interesting is the unfortunate lesson learned that internet hype and grassroots support ain't what it's cracked up to be. Unless this movie does unprecedented boffo business in DVD sales, I think it's now safe to state that what was set to be an important, possibly revolutionary landmark in the film industry will become merely a footnote in pop culture history.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I am 138 wrote:There're a few drive ins on this side, but they don't do double features, which is just ridiculous. That's the whole soul of the drive in, to me.
I agree. When I saw "Snakes..." at Puget Park it was the last movie on a triple-feature. The other movies were just OK ("Talladega Nights" and "Accepted") but it was still a night at the drive-in :)
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women