Halloween message to all

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Halloween message to all

Post by Remo D »

Wow. I can measure the amount of time I've been a member of this forum by approximately the amount of time I've been married and living in Marina, California--entered matrimony and the computer age within a few months of each other, if I'm not mistaken.

Which means that a few weeks after my eleventh wedding anniversary, I'm sending Halloween greetings to what has amounted to my longest and steadiest on-line family.

The past one has been one of extreme personal highs and lows--never a happy medium. Many's the time I wish I could wave a magic wand and take control of my life--but that only happens in the movies, and I don't want to be played by Adam Sandler (or Rob Schneider, should it come to that). They once said I looked like Carey Elwes--but by the time SAW came around, the resemblance apparently faded.

Enough of that. I've got plenty to be thankful for. I've kept my family together for eleven years (something of a record in these parts, I'm told), people still like what I write, and I still get to make a spectacle of myself every weekend on cable. Heck, I even saw myself in a movie!

But this year, my Halloween "event" wasn't a movie-hosting event, a convention or anything like that. This time around, I was invited to give the after-dinner speech for a local Rotary club after their annual Halloween banquet. And I wasn't the only horror-hosting personality to recognize the similiarities between what we do and what the Rotarians can do. In either case, you're considered a member no matter which community you move to, and in each case, you try to do some good for your community by teaming up with like-minded fellows--with no thought of doing "business." Where there's visibility, there's always potential.

The last time I got involved in a charity event, it was a personal effort to provide a home for a cancer patient who didn't have one to call her own. It was a modest affair, but it worked, and the community effect was overwhelming. So this year I determined to broaden the scope of things. I'm choosing ALS as the next charity I hope to benefit--for the sake of a close personal friend who recently lost her stepfather to the disease. And I'm pleased to say that--once again--community involvement is THERE. More on this as it develops.

So why is this a part of my Halloween message? Simply put, this is the time of year where I feel that I'm at the top of my game--my "powers" are at their peak. As should be yours. I may not speak for all of you, but for someone like me, it's Halloween at LEAST every weekend. But THIS is the time of year where most of the country actually AGREES with me, so THIS is the time I always strike the hardest. Well, except for LAST year. THAT was a personal nightmare that I'm still trying to forget. Won't make that mistake again.

You've all got a lot to give, and I remain grateful to be a part of your community. As always: may your projects pan out; may you have good health; may you enjoy the movies you watch; may you appreciate the company you keep; and may you never lose sight of the fun of it all.

Happy Halloween 2006,
Remo D.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

I love your yearly Halloween wishes to us all...

Right back at'cha!

Happy Halloween!
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Happy Halloween to you as well Remo. Same thing to the rest of you :)

"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
{DeAdGuY}