Fearnet On Demand!

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

gsfnw

Fearnet On Demand!

Post by gsfnw »

So, for those of you with Comcast On Demand, you should check out Fearnet! It's brand new, and while it's pretty limited right now, it's still a pretty cool deal.

Right now you can see such classics as Leprechaun 4: Leprechaun In Space, Swamp THing, Pumpkin Head, and they've even got upcoming trailors, etc.

It made my nipples hard.

Does anyone know if this is a regular channel too, or just an On Demand faeture?
ZXRO

Totally...

Post by ZXRO »

I watched Warlock on FEARnet on demand the other day. I hope it is a real 24/7 horror network, and not just random on demand stuff.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this!! I would have never known....
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
gsfnw

Post by gsfnw »

Angelica wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this!! I would have never known....
I watched Takashi Miike's "One Missed Call" last night. It was fucking sweet.

I also watched about 1/3 of the "Boogeyman" before turning it off. That movie was crap.
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

REALLY? I almost watched that last night too. I only watched a few minutes and then couldnt handle the dubbing anymore. I would have rather them do subtitles, I can only handle the dub if in the right mood. So, you think that they find little white girls to fake a Japanese accent to make it more "real"?

The fact that they have Pumkinhead impresses me.
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
gsfnw

Post by gsfnw »

Angelica wrote:REALLY? I almost watched that last night too. I only watched a few minutes and then couldnt handle the dubbing anymore. I would have rather them do subtitles, I can only handle the dub if in the right mood. So, you think that they find little white girls to fake a Japanese accent to make it more "real"?

The fact that they have Pumkinhead impresses me.
I was thrown off by the dubbing too, but I decided to just go for it, and it was actually worth it. It was a prett interesting story. I can imagine that there will be U.S. version someday.

Pumpkinhead rules! I think I'm going to watch that one tomorrow.
MetalGoddess

Post by MetalGoddess »

ZXRO wrote:I watched Warlock on FEARnet on demand the other day. I hope it is a real 24/7 horror network, and not just random on demand stuff.
We watched Warlock Friday night!!! What an excellent fucking movie. We've been looking for the DVD for quite some time and haven't been able to find it.

Warlock in digital, fucking awesome!! FEARnet rules!!
[color="Magenta"][font="Century Gothic"][b][i][SIZE="2"][url]http://www.myspace.com/metalgoddesscarrie[/url][/SIZE][/i][/b][/font][/color]
ZXRO

Heh...

Post by ZXRO »

MetalGoddess wrote:We watched Warlock Friday night!!! What an excellent fucking movie. We've been looking for the DVD for quite some time and haven't been able to find it.

Warlock in digital, fucking awesome!! FEARnet rules!!
Yeah, they made a couple of sequels to it too. The first one had Julian Sands in it, but I don't think he was the same Warlock. The second sequel was totally different, and Sands wasn't even in it, which is pointless.

My favorite thing about that movie is the great 80s haircut on the guy chasing the Warlock. Wonder how he was able to get his hair like that back in the late 1600s.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

You can also watch movies directly from the website. No dedicated channel though, just OnDemand. :(
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!