What about Pulse?

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

chemical boy

What about Pulse?

Post by chemical boy »

Ok I have this problem with buying horror flicks cos the cover looks awsome and the summary sounds good, trouble is once I get them home and watch them I am left think "What the hell have I done twenty bucks wasted!"
So I ask what about Pulse any good worth the watching or even buying perhaps?
I tend to shy away from horror films based on technology I mean Fear.com and White noise both sucked and they followed that idea of evil technology
so before I make a mistake and buy another sucky horror film
let me know your opinion
PLEASE STOP ME BEFORE I SPLURGE ON SUCKINESS AGAIN!
C.B.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

I assume that you're talking about the new release/remake that Wes Craven signed off on?

If you hated FEARDOTCOM and WHITE NOISE, PULSE may even make you go back and find something good to say about them.

The Japanese original (KAIRO) is supposedly excellent, and there's a completely unrelated PULSE from the 1980s (about a mysterious force in the wiring in a suburban home) that was actually quite enjoyable.

But the 2006 release was one of the very worst films I writhed through this year alone. I'm sure I've got a post about it somewhere...
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

ok maybe I'll rent it first then if I find it good I'll buy it.
See this is what happends when you get out of debt you have tons of money to blow on useless shit lol
C.B.
BILE

Post by BILE »

chemical boy wrote: See this is what happends when you get out of debt you have tons of money to blow on useless shit lol
C.B.
Like lemon flavored toilet paper!!

:D
[img]http://www.metalunderground.com/images/bandlogos/Strapping_Young_Lad_logo.jpg[/img][img]http://forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aFu_PenguinWack.gif[/img][img]http://forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aHa_MC-Dance.gif[/img]
chemical boy

ha ha ha!

Post by chemical boy »

BILE wrote:Like lemon flavored toilet paper!!

:D
Damn straight!
gothbat

Post by gothbat »

I usually don’t bother checking most horror movies that play in the theatres but I was in Best Buy looking at HDTV’s and this trailer came on; I thought it looked pretty good. Even though I liked the trailer I still thought the movie would suck but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The whole concept of the movie was pretty cool and the atmosphere in certain scenes was great. On the downside I thought the story was pretty rushed, it should have been longer and explained more. Despite the fact that I find myself not enjoying most Asian movies I see this movie made me want to order the original, which I just did.
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

Thanks for the info paid on friday so it's movie time!
C.B.
dr coathanger

Post by dr coathanger »

Aside from a couple of pretty cool scares and a good overall look, I didn't find the original to be anything special so I can't imagine an American remake with some WB tart is going to be worthwhile.
chemical boy

gag!

Post by chemical boy »

Ok coathanger that settles it... any film staring someone from the WB cannot be worth the watching! or the buying!
thank you, thank you for helping me see the light
may the gods of horror bless you
lol
C.B.