Daft Punk?

Forum for Seattle Bands, Musicians and Fans. This forum is genre agnostic so all music types are welcome.

Moderators: Chris Slack, Adremelech, Seattle Metal Online, AchimbaProphet, Desert Mermaid

Jenzy

Daft Punk?

Post by Jenzy »

Anyone ever heard of this/band/group??

A song ended up on my computer of theirs called "Da Funk" some how and I started digging it and started exploring more of their stuff. . . anyone else?

any info on these guys/guy/group?
[font="Arial Black"][color="White"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

~John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"[/color][/font]
kcusllauoy

Post by kcusllauoy »

Ya I heard of them they gots some cool shitz.

Here is a cut and paste from rhapsody.com rhapsody rocks by the way.

Daft Punk assumed their reign over the French electronic scene shortly after the appearance of their second single "Da Funk" in 1995, making mere subjects of such high-profile names as Motorbass, Air and Dimitri from Paris. Transforming a heritage of early Acid House, Detroit Techno, Indie Rock and hip-hop into a flawless progressive electronica sound that made loyal followers of both staunch rock crowds and Techno fiends alike, the collaboration of Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo and Thomas Bangalter triggered a deluge of critical praise. Heavy funk-fortified House beats lumber confidently at a mid-tempo hip-hop pace, weighed down with metallic murmurs, shrill electronic squeals, and catchy vocodered vocal hooks. With a style that shifts without warning from the hard end of dance music to the easier side of the spectrum and takes care to steer clear of clichés and overwrought themes, Daft Punk is the model for crossover electronic music.
- Melissa Piazza

BTW check out thier song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger"
03-14-2006 04:53 PM Now you have two -rep points asshole!

01-31-2007 10:35 PM boo hoo idiot. Do your work and hide surfing like you normally do. stupid.

07-12-2007 04:49 AM you are ond dumb cock sucking faggot. No doubt about it. Queer cum guzzler. Stupid cock licking queen of the assfucks. You can't even figure out how to edit it. Stupid fuck. You and ryan should get together and blow each other. Old man.
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

They are performing in town this July.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

i never understood what was so great about these guys. i cant talk too much shit though, i like Vengaboys, which are a group that is simliar to daft punk.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]