Forza 2 - Kontrol Freek

This forum is for discussion of console and PC games.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Drew

Forza 2 - Kontrol Freek

Post by Drew »

Got a prerelease copy today, will roll it 2nt and give my impressions before it hits stores on Tuesday. It looks pretty killer!

ALSO - check out the newest 360 accessory. Its called the Kontrol Freek! I've demo'd the prototype and it works killer for racing games as well as other games that require more precision than the controller can deliver. It just lets you steer L/R with more minute degree changes than the controller can.

I also got new Forcefeedback MS driving wheel for 360, will demo that 2nt as well. It just got price reduced for the Forza2 release ... now $129.99.
Drew

Post by Drew »

FM2 kicks ass. Best looking and most realistic racer yet. Totally customizable from top to bottom. OR .. just race, no real pressure. I got to level 15 before I spent a dime on upgrades, then I hit a wall and had to max out a heavy car (cause I suck with them). The cars have tons of variety in handling and my only gripe so far is the massive use of the first track all the way thru the first set of championships, needs more variety.

Cant wait to see what people come up with in paint jobs. Havent tried the online yet as there isn't many on ... the "auction" feature sounds cool and I like the "gift" your friend a car feature too ... it will be helpful later in the game.

My Kontrol Freeks come in this week sometime, I know my laptimes will get much better.

RE: Forcefeedback Wheel - fun for about 10 minutes, then it sucks .... I have 10x the control with the controller and the Kontrol Freek.
skankdrummer

Post by skankdrummer »

I cant wait till tmorow!
[url]http://www.myspace.com/skankdrummersdemos[/url]
DRUMS - Motley Ju.

Availible for Studio Work.
ZXRO

Hmmm...

Post by ZXRO »

After looking at the picture, I don't see how the Kontrol Freak thing would help.
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]
Drew

Post by Drew »

Due to the steep angles on either side, you dont need to "bump" your stick to make small adjustments. It allows for more finite, minute movements.

You have more play on the axis and it also massively reduces the wear on your thumb during those long racing game binges. (played over 30 hrs of PGR3 and FM2 this wknd)

Also they are CHEAP! 2 for $10.00. The guy who makes them told me he did an experiment with TW06 where he turned the thing vertically and used a rubber band on one end, the other on the controller hand grip and was able to shoot several perfect shots. They are coming out with other add-ons to the controller for FPS, etc....

eDonovan

Post by eDonovan »

Well I just shipped my 360 back to MS to get it fixed... so it'll be a while before I'm FM2ing it up. Damn the unfortunate timing.
Bam! Fruit Cocktail!
[url]http://www.donovancomic.com[/url]
Drew

Post by Drew »

Go to Costco, buy a 360, swap your HDD onto it, play with it til yours comes back from repair, then return the 360 to Costco (30 day return policy) ... thats what Chris did when his unit broke, wish I woulda known about that when mine got the 3 red lights of death.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I just got my copy. I wish I could leave work for the day...
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women