Dirt

This forum is for discussion of console and PC games.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Chris Slack

Dirt

Post by Chris Slack »

I got this last weekend and it's the only thing that has managed to take me out of my Forza coma apart from Tetris with the wife.

One could easily compare it to Rallisport Challenge but the graphics are way next gen, I think the best I have seen on the console so far. They have pretty much the same game modes in career as you would find in RSC2 but have more vehicle types including semis and large deleivery type trucks. Driving those beasts on insane hillclimb tracks is pretty tricky. The also have a straightforward rally championship mode very similar to the Colim Mcrae games on the Xbox 1 but honestly I haven't even touched that yet. Same goes for multiplayer but from what I understand it's basically just time trials with a lobby, no head to head racing.

This, along with Forza, completely justifies my purchase of the 360 force feedback wheel. It takes an hour or so to get used to it but once that's done there is no turning back. Note that Dirt isn't a sim by any means, just good dirty racing fun.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
skankdrummer

Post by skankdrummer »

The graphics are great. not a fan on the gameplay though.. Forza still is tops !
[url]http://www.myspace.com/skankdrummersdemos[/url]
DRUMS - Motley Ju.

Availible for Studio Work.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Just acquired a copy ... will check it out this wknd. The demo was fun.