Sarah Palin

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

Good point Matt.

"I need to know if she really think that dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago. I want to know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."

- Matt Damon
-

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -Sinclair Lewis

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

DeathFrogg wrote:Good point Matt.

"I need to know if she really think that dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago. I want to know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."

- Matt Damon
Or, as governor Palin pronounces it: "nucular"... just like our current genius of a president!
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
Project Undead Vish

I know that this is a lampooning of the whole Palin/Couric interview, but I got about as much out of this spoof and Tina Fey's answering questions on foreign policy as I did when Palin was doing the real interview.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/ ... en/704042/
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from being President .

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle." Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was. The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain. "You know she didn't get up there by herself, she doesn't belong up there, she doesn't know what to do while she is up there, and you just wonder what kind of asshole put her up there to begin with."
-

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -Sinclair Lewis

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Just watched the Couric interview... Specifically the "I have foreign policy experience simply because of the close proximity of Alaska to Russia" part.

Holy cow. I cannot believe that ANYONE takes her seriously. The woman is seriously delusional.
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

I did not read any of the rest of this thread. I just thought that I would burst in and lay my own opinion down like you all were waiting to hear it or something.

I think that McCain/Palin will win the election with much of the same hijinks that brought our current administration into power. I believe that McCain will die in office of natural causes and that Palin will assume the presidency. I believe that Palin is a puppet and was chosen because she can be controlled and she gives a soft cheerful face to a scary hydra. The pillaging of our country will continue until there is nothing left but a gazillion dollar debt before the rest of the world forecloses on Amerika (sic). All hail out new Chinese overlords.

I would hope that none of these things come to pass. There are too many shallow and disillusioned, too many ignorant and uneducated, too few critical thinkers and too many blind followers, too many impressionable and easily bought, and too many head-in-the-sand make-this-all-go-away avoidists out there for me to think that it can not happen. It just might. Far too many people that I know really do not care. The system is broken and all people care about is that it costs and extra $10 to fill up their gas tank. Give them all a refund and pacify them. Bread and circuses baby.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

Bear in mid that there are huge swaths of the country where people can recite the Pledge of Allegiance from memory, but none of the Bill of Rights. There are parts of the Country where the local Masterpastor has more juice to get things done in a city than the mayor. That there are parts of the country where if you tried to get people to read the US Constitution, they would accuse you of being a communist.

AchimbaProphet wrote: Bread and circuses baby.
And do what, sit around and wait for the Vandals and Huns to burn us out?

Sorry, better to try to fix the system we have rather than wait around for someone to come along and destroy it. The last time the Vandals and Huns inside the city opened the gates and let the soldiers in.

Oh, wait.....
-

derek666

Post by derek666 »

The constant crap about this bitch is stupid. She is a VP candidate, not the presidential candidate!! Constant shittalk about lack of experience for a VP, where as on the left you have the Presidential candidate with shit for experience who will probably be running this country! What the fuck has Obama done? Look at his voting record, instead of voting yea or nea he votes present. You think that 143 served in the senate is enough experience to run a country? Versus some bitch who would be the VP?
Blonde leading the blonde

Post by Blonde leading the blonde »

derek666 wrote:The constant crap about this bitch is stupid. She is a VP candidate, not the presidential candidate!! Constant shittalk about lack of experience for a VP, where as on the left you have the Presidential candidate with shit for experience who will probably be running this country! What the fuck has Obama done? Look at his voting record, instead of voting yea or nea he votes present. You think that 143 served in the senate is enough experience to run a country? Versus some bitch who would be the VP?
With McCain's age and health history, there is something like a 1 in 5 chance that she would be president at some point in those 4 years if that ticket were elected. It's not a remote possibility, it's a very very very real one. Worse, when you listen to what Obama is able to articulate about the state of the planet and what Palin is, it's clear that, experience notwithstanding, his understanding of the planet beats hers by a mile. If you measure him up to McCain and McCain's ability to articulate about the state of the planet, you find a comparable amount of ease with the topics (though you may hold an opinion on who's notions are better). And as for records, to be honest, if McCain had run 10 or 15 years ago, I think he'd have wiped the floor with someone like Obama. Now, though, there's been too much of a shift, and we've got a close race.
[img]http://23.floweringnightshade.com/shade/images/VernTinkStar.jpg[/img]

[font="Arial Narrow"]It's not who you are, it's what you wear. I mean, who cares who you are?[/font]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/theblondeleadingtheblonde][font="Arial"][SIZE="2"]100,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong![/SIZE][/font][/url]
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Here's a skip from SNL with Sarah Palin (Tina Fey) being interviewed by Katie Couric (played by ?)

Sorry about the commmercial at the start. Its worth waiting through though.

Here it is.
[size=75]

[i]Be brave! And one you too will be free![/i]
-Cledfb

[i]"The thing is, all this 'I'm different in real life' is crap. Your lie might not be the real you, but you are a liar."[/i]
-I am 138

[i]"Let us toast the fools - but for them, the rest of us could not succeed."[/i]
-Mark Twain
[/size]
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

Amy Poehler was playing Couric. Very funny stuff. Much like I will expect the debate to be like.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Project Undead Vish

derek666 wrote:The constant crap about this bitch is stupid. She is a VP candidate, not the presidential candidate!! Constant shittalk about lack of experience for a VP, where as on the left you have the Presidential candidate with shit for experience who will probably be running this country! What the fuck has Obama done? Look at his voting record, instead of voting yea or nea he votes present. You think that 143 served in the senate is enough experience to run a country? Versus some bitch who would be the VP?
I know that I am splitting hairs here, but Obama's experience in running a successful campaign against the Clinton political machine tends to give me some insight into how Obama will run the country. At least Obama has that under his belt whereas Palin got picked by the Republican's presidential candidate. Obama was picked by the Democrats at large. Palin would have never been able to sniff a primary debate if she were to have thrown her hat into the mix for running for president 2 years ago when Mittens, Rudy, The Huckster and 'ole Grampy McCain started running for president.
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

Interesting little tidbit.

Why am I not surprised here.
-

MetalGoddess

Post by MetalGoddess »

DeathFrogg wrote:Interesting little tidbit.

Why am I not surprised here.
Maybe true, maybe not. It is a scarey thought. If Obama is elected, how safe do you think he will be with nutjobs like that running around the country???
[color="Magenta"][font="Century Gothic"][b][i][SIZE="2"][url]http://www.myspace.com/metalgoddesscarrie[/url][/SIZE][/i][/b][/font][/color]
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

MetalGoddess wrote:Maybe true, maybe not. It is a scarey thought. If Obama is elected, how safe do you think he will be with nutjobs like that running around the country???

His personal security detail (Secret Service) has been at the highest level of protection from day one, only equal to that of the President and the Vice President. The Obama campaign has received hundreds of death threats toward him and his campaign managers. The Secret Service has kept that very quiet at Obamas request.

'Nother tidbit.

Aaaaaand one more.
-

BigHurknFrontman

Post by BigHurknFrontman »

This might sound REALLY stupid to most of you, but I heard something on THE MEN'S ROOM on KISW yesterday that made a LOT of sense to me.

We should do away with elected officials in our political system, and fill those positions with "actual" citizens by way of a random selection process like they do for jury duty. The idea behind this is simple: Everyone in political office, from Mayors all the way up to President are WEALTHY. NONE of them truly represent the Middle Class, and there will NEVER be fairness in this country as long as the wealthy are calling the shots.
Bryan Hagan - Drummer / Vocalist

[url]http://www.myspace.com/sinhole[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/bighurkin[/url]

[email]pullmyfingerproductions@hotmail.com[/email]

(425)239-3122
Six6VI

Post by Six6VI »

BigHurknFrontman wrote:This might sound REALLY stupid to most of you, but I heard something on THE MEN'S ROOM on KISW yesterday that made a LOT of sense to me.

We should do away with elected officials in our political system, and fill those positions with "actual" citizens by way of a random selection process like they do for jury duty. The idea behind this is simple: Everyone in political office, from Mayors all the way up to President are WEALTHY. NONE of them truly represent the Middle Class, and there will NEVER be fairness in this country as long as the wealthy are calling the shots.

Interesting take but I can tell you that I certainly do not trust any Joe Shmoe for anything. Face it. There's a great majority of people who are just flat out STUPID. Look at those around you the next time you're waiting in line to pay for your groceries or gas. Now imagine giving any of them a ruling sway over society. Ever see Idiocracy? I imagine it working out something like that. No thanks.

Lee
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=white]Lee[/color][/font]

[align=left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=#ffffff][url=http://www.myspace.com/brewcityldb][b]MyCrack[/b][/url]
[/color][/font][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=#ffffff][url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1230685414][b]Facecrack[/b][/url][/color][/font][/align]
Project Undead Vish

Six6VI wrote:Interesting take but I can tell you that I certainly do not trust any Joe Shmoe for anything. Face it. There's a great majority of people who are just flat out STUPID. Look at those around you the next time you're waiting in line to pay for your groceries or gas. Now imagine giving any of them a ruling sway over society. Ever see Idiocracy? I imagine it working out something like that. No thanks.

Lee
Not to mention that the REAL power in the country would find Joe Schmoe even more easily corruptible and save a TON of money on bribes n whatnot.
LIVE FO RETSINIM

Post by LIVE FO RETSINIM »

AchimbaProphet wrote:I did not read any of the rest of this thread. I just thought that I would burst in and lay my own opinion down like you all were waiting to hear it or something.

I think that McCain/Palin will win the election with much of the same hijinks that brought our current administration into power. I believe that McCain will die in office of natural causes and that Palin will assume the presidency. I believe that Palin is a puppet and was chosen because she can be controlled and she gives a soft cheerful face to a scary hydra. The pillaging of our country will continue until there is nothing left but a gazillion dollar debt before the rest of the world forecloses on Amerika (sic). All hail out new Chinese overlords.

I would hope that none of these things come to pass. There are too many shallow and disillusioned, too many ignorant and uneducated, too few critical thinkers and too many blind followers, too many impressionable and easily bought, and too many head-in-the-sand make-this-all-go-away avoidists out there for me to think that it can not happen. It just might. Far too many people that I know really do not care. The system is broken and all people care about is that it costs and extra $10 to fill up their gas tank. Give them all a refund and pacify them. Bread and circuses baby.
Bingo. These two have already won, this is all just entertainment for all the morons.
[b]R.I.P. Chelsie[/b]

[b]JJGC [/b] [SIZE="6"]4[/SIZE] [b]LIFE[/b]

Hard work never killed nobody, but I ain't taking no chances.

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/vulgarizer]
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/jankins13/H-N.jpg[/img][/URL]

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/analjudicator]
[img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_5cca553825c945b796eb9cfb39a0e4dd.jpg[/img][/URL]

Six6VI wrote:Interesting take but I can tell you that I certainly do not trust any Joe Shmoe for anything. Face it. There's a great majority of people who are just flat out STUPID. Look at those around you the next time you're waiting in line to pay for your groceries or gas. Now imagine giving any of them a ruling sway over society. Ever see Idiocracy? I imagine it working out something like that. No thanks.

Lee
In truth, I think Hurkin's idea is awesome but for this and the fact that the ones in power would never allow it. By defiinition, fully half the population is of below average intelligence, below average ambition, below average political interest, etc. Even if we were to make our candidates more transparent, most of our citizens wouldn't bother to check those records out, and the media would only spoon feed it to them when it suited them.

To me, the easiest way to get things a little tiny bit more under control would be to pass a bill making it illegal to build a bill that has anything in it that is unrelated to the point of the bill. Gun control with an offshore drilling clause, for example. That or a tax bill with a raise for congressmen. You get the point. It's not at all perfect and it wouldn't stop much, but it would make their voting record easier to read for those who choose to read it.

Edit: Oh yeah! Back to the idiocracy point: last night we bought a take-and-bake pizza. They had a BIG sign in the lobby that cheesy bread and cookie dough were on sale, and if you bought the bundle you could get both for $6.00. Neat, right, so we ordered a $14 pizza and that. The young girl behind the cash register looked up the pizza, rang up some cheesy bread and then asked me my name. She didn't catch it, so I spellied it for her. She still spelled it wrong. Then she told me that would be $15-something. I asked if she got the cheesy bread and cookie dough, she said yes. Figuring we must have missed a special, I paid. Then I asked if we just took the cookie dough out of the cooler, or if they had special bundled packages for their special. She looked at me exactly the way a cow looks at an oncoming train and said "What?" It took both of us trying to explain to her before I finally figured out that I'd have a better chance with the cow, and just pointed at the sign. She looked sheepish and said, "uhhhh...". We asked her what she rung up and she said just the cheesy bread. We both said "That'll be fine." at the same time and wandered off to watch the other kid make the pizza. He was emptying out most of the bins to make our pizza and half way down the line, he looks at her and says, "Can you do a re-stock?" She answers, "What's that?" Ladies and Gentlemen, I TOTALLY never want that woman in charge of my country. We're pretty sure, at this point, there was no special that she missed, and she just wildly undercharged us and we're pretty sure that the word "re-stock" should have been self-explanitory. We're also pretty sure that sometime in the next 20 years, some desperate candidate is going to sincerely consider her for the role of VP. I can hear the debate now, "With my extensive executive experience running all aspects of a pizza-producing small business, I feel confident that...."

*sigh*

[font="Arial Narrow"]It's not who you are, it's what you wear. I mean, who cares who you are?[/font]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/theblondeleadingtheblonde][font="Arial"][SIZE="2"]100,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong![/SIZE][/font][/url]

Sorry, but I'm just having fun, now. I was on teh intarwebz, minding my own business, and looking at dirty books, when I came on this site. I was a little surprised to find the front page looking like this. Whether or not you agree with her opinion, it's kinda fun to read what a sci-fi/erotica author has to say about politicians. :D

DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

I have read Emerald magic. The genre isn't really my thing but Jaqueline Carey is a hellava writer. Puts the language together very well and her ideas go very deep.

And yeah, I do agree with her opinions. I would rather have a man who speaks to the camera than a woman who winks and smiles coquettishly at it. Those cheap Wal-Mart beauty queen tactics aren't appropriate for a campaign for the second highest office in the nation. Palin all but blew a kiss at the camera for chrissake.

This isn't high school, she's not seducing her band teacher, she's running for Vice-President. Somebody needs to tell her that. If ignorance is truely bliss, that flaming twit has an orgasm every time she opens her mouth.
-

Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

So... She has been found guilty of abusing her power. Do you think McBush will fire her? I suspect he will, but I hope he doesn't.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Adremelech wrote:So... She has been found guilty of abusing her power. Do you think McBush will fire her? I suspect he will, but I hope he doesn't.

The McBush name is hilarious, considering they are different!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/busin ... hardt.html

http://mediamatters.org/items/200802110004
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

derek666 wrote:The McBush name is hilarious, considering they are different!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/busin ... hardt.html

http://mediamatters.org/items/200802110004
I know... I'm just being a butthead.