Credit Report / FICO help?

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

Evil Red

Credit Report / FICO help?

Post by Evil Red »

Hiya.

Lately I've been specifically interested in finding out my FICO score and to my knowledge, my credit report should be all hearts and ponies sparkly but in the process of trying to obtain that number today online, it said this:

Internet Delivery Unavailable - Mail in Request
We're sorry, for your protection we are unable to deliver your FACT Act Equifax Free Annual Credit Report on the internet. There are a number of reasons that we may be unable to fulfill your request online. You may have a Security Freeze on your credit file, an Active Duty Military or Fraud Alert, or the identification information submitted online may not match the information on file. Please note that your credit card has not been charged.

Of course I'm annoyed as fuck and a bit worried to see this without any idea of why, so my question is this.

Originally I had planned to hit up one of the three credit companies every 4 months to equally spread out my free yearly reports. Now that they're saying I need to submit my request in writing, would it be better to ask for copies from all 3 at once or will an actual problem spread equally to any given company of the three?

I'm trying to decide which would be the better route because if there is a problem and I can straiten it out, I want to make DAMN SURE it actually gets corrected by being able to verify it with the other 2 companies.
Unfortunatly, I also am suddenly a bit baffled on how this affects my FICO score and how to obtain it seperately, which was my original reason for doing this. FUCK!

Help?
I made the Devil do it.
Luna C

Post by Luna C »

I don't know for a fact, but I heard since banks check your credit for loans, they do credit checks. You can call your bank and see if you can get it done there or where to send you to see what's on the report.?.
[SIZE="4"][color="pink"]The stars are far away
I can see them with my eyes
I watch then burn away
Like the moments of my life[/color][/SIZE]
Blake NWR

Post by Blake NWR »

You may as well get them all at once, because (from personal experience) they're not all uniform; you could have a questionable entry on one but not the others.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/theswampzombiecult]Join the cult...[/url]
wadruid

Post by wadruid »

Blake's right. They aren't all uniform. Some creditors report to all three, but for the most part, they only report to one. Experian is the one most creditors report to, so it will have the most information. You can call any of them and request a copy of your report, if you have been denied credit recently. Otherwise, go ahead and mail in the request. Let me know if you need any help figuring out what's on it, or how to read it (I work with people's credit reports, daily). Also, getting your report won't give you your FICO score, unless you pay extra for it.
[font="Arial Black"][color="Navy"][/color][/font]
Beauty is a depreciating comodity, but blow job skills are forever.:metalhead

[url]http://www.myspace.com/wolfprintsphotography[/url]
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Yeah, I figured I'd probablly better get all of them. I'm just super disappointed to go off my plan now that I've had it stuck in my head for so long.

And yeah, those dicks still don't have any details about actually buying my FICO score in this instance, which is what I REALLY want.
I made the Devil do it.
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

Fair Isaac can suck it. Pay cash!
[b][color=Pink]Mark it to MARKET bitches![/color][/b]
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

It's a good idea to stagger them every 4 months like you said. It's a free way to monitor every 4 months if someone is using your credit.

However, you want you score.... Go to Experian, Equifax, and/or Trans Union's website. You'll have to pay $15 or so for the actual score.

You can also just apply for a small loan, and a certain financial institution of which I think you know what I'm talking about will tell you your score. You applying for credit will only lower your score maybe 2 or 3 points (people with BAD credit usually lose 5 points, good credit folks get docked less). Paying off the loan will boost your score, and give you good history with said financial institution, which will make getting big loans that much easier for you in the future. :-)
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Luna C wrote:I don't know for a fact, but I heard since banks check your credit for loans, they do credit checks. You can call your bank and see if you can get it done there or where to send you to see what's on the report.?.
Banks and Credit Unions will only do it if you apply for a loan. It costs them money each time they pull a report.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I don't want to apply for a loan, nor do I need a loan so why needlessly lower my score before I know what the fuck the problem is?

1) How do I seperatly buy my FICO score if I'm obtaining my free reports in the mail? They won't send me anything electronically!?!?

2) If I get all 3 reports AND THEN try to get my FICO score, will that count against me and I'd be forced to wait another year or can I just shop for them whenever the hell I want?

Christ. If I only had Suze Orman on speed dial! :chainsaw:

*On the off chance I later toss around that loan offer, Dremy... what kind of rates might I be looking at without any loan history in pushing 15 years with absolutely no debt on anything else. My last loan was paid off a year in advance as well. Hmmm... maybe I should take out something small and pay it right back. Can I get copies of my reports and the FICO's that way if I go that route instead?
I made the Devil do it.
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Evil Red wrote:1) How do I seperatly buy my FICO score if I'm obtaining my free reports in the mail? They won't send me anything electronically!?!?
I went to annualcreditreport.com . There was a link on there to purchase your score. I did so from Equifax.

2) If I get all 3 reports AND THEN try to get my FICO score, will that count against me and I'd be forced to wait another year or can I just shop for them whenever the hell I want?
You can shop whenever you want. It'll just be a year before you can get free reports from the big 3 again.
*On the off chance I later toss around that loan offer, Dremy... what kind of rates might I be looking at without any loan history in pushing 15 years with absolutely no debt on anything else. My last loan was paid off a year in advance as well. Hmmm... maybe I should take out something small and pay it right back. Can I get copies of my reports and the FICO's that way if I go that route instead?
If your score was in the mid 700s or higher, you would probably be looking at 11-12% for a personal loan. You can LOOK at your credit report (and score) right there if you ask the loan officer, but they are not allowed to give you copies. You can write down all you want though. The credit bureaus charge for the service, so they don't allow the banks to just hand over the reports.
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Kristi... I just sent you an email with some juicy info.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Adremelech wrote:I went to annualcreditreport.com . There was a link on there to purchase your score. I did so from Equifax.
That's what I did! They wouldn't send it and said my credit card wouldn't be charged.
AHHHHH!

Adremelech wrote:You can shop whenever you want. It'll just be a year before you can get free reports from the big 3 again.
Good to know, but I still seem to be stuck.

Adremelech wrote:If your score was in the mid 700s or higher, you would probably be looking at 11-12% for a personal loan. You can LOOK at your credit report (and score) right there if you ask the loan officer, but they are not allowed to give you copies. You can write down all you want though. The credit bureaus charge for the service, so they don't allow the banks to just hand over the reports.

Last time I looked I was around that number. Thank you, Joe. :)
I made the Devil do it.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Adremelech wrote:Kristi... I just sent you an email with some juicy info.
This is why I've been waiting for your responses before mailing away all my options. haha

Thanks!
I made the Devil do it.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

What the hell?

I decided to try one last time on the off chance before ending my thought process on this crap and just watching TV and motherfucking low and behold, without trying to buy my FICO at the same time, my report popped up immediatly and... it's just fucking fine. Just like it should be.

Well, that solves THAT problem! :metal:

Now... back to my FICO score just like I had intended. But not tonight.
Oi fucking Vey!
I made the Devil do it.
soundguy

Post by soundguy »

Adremelech wrote:If your score was in the mid 700s or higher, you would probably be looking at 11-12% for a personal loan.
That's insane in this economy. If anyone needs cash, they should look at a personal line of credit from their bank. My line at BOA is under 8%.
[b]Patrick[/b]

[i][url]http://www.themothership.net[/url][/i] Domain Registration, website Hosting, Video Services
[i][url]http://www.marshallstack.com[/url][/i] Erotic Photography
[i][url]http://www.mothershipvideo.com[/url][/i] Video pre/post production
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

soundguy wrote:That's insane in this economy. If anyone needs cash, they should look at a personal line of credit from their bank. My line at BOA is under 8%.
Is it a home equity loan? You can get those for under 8%, but nothing unsecured comes close around here.
soundguy

Post by soundguy »

No, it's just a standard line of credit. I don't have a dime's worth of equity in anything yet. :) I have it hooked to one of my my business checking accounts as overdraft protection. It came in handy when I bought my house. Had to borrow about $20k to flesh out the cash I had saved for a down payment. (the minimum down payment went from 5% to 20% during the 3 months I was shopping for a house to buy :swear: )

I have a history of fantastic timing like that. In the early 80's I went on a 6 week tour of Canada and we got paid in Canadian funds. When we left, the exchange rate was 20%. While we were on the road it decided to go up and when we came back across the border it was 30%. We lost our asses.
[b]Patrick[/b]

[i][url]http://www.themothership.net[/url][/i] Domain Registration, website Hosting, Video Services
[i][url]http://www.marshallstack.com[/url][/i] Erotic Photography
[i][url]http://www.mothershipvideo.com[/url][/i] Video pre/post production
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

That's a DAMN good deal then! Right now, with everyone saving their money, banks and credit unions are having to pay out a much higher than normal ratio of interest on deposits than they take in on loan interest. That's why A- You are lucky to have a loan at that rate, and B- Most financial institutions don't want people making large deposits right now.
chicknatas

Post by chicknatas »

Beware when using Equifax for getting your FICO. I use them as they are supposedly the lesser of the 3 evils. Don't use your debit card to sign up with them if you can help it - it's a nightmare to cancel the monthly charges and they do not give you a way to do so on the member site.

I have a 2 year old bankruptcy but have worked very hard to get my score back up to the low 700s. I managed to get an auto loan from my bank last week with a 10.5 interest rate. It's high, but being someone who gets denied credit every single time and considering the economy right now I was shocked. Even moreso because I hold the self-employment flag.

The rate I got from the auto dealer was almost 15%, so definitely go with your bank first - especially if you have a long established relationship with them.
:skull: [url=http://www.tastygore.com][color=Red]Tasty Gore![/color][/url] :skull: