What're ya reading?

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

User avatar
-deathboy-
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:35 am
Location: outside your bedroom window...
Contact:

Post by -deathboy- » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:22 pm

mickey brown-eye wrote:How are those? I have the 'comic book' versions of the first 2 books that were released in the early 90s all painted artwork and everything. They were really cool and I always wondered about the books
they're more vile and sci fi than rice's vampires or that twilight bullshit. he has an interesting take on the vampire mythos, as you prolly gathered from the comics. i like the whole symbiotic parasitic relationship between vampire and host thingymabobber. he has a kick ass prose to his writing also. the only downfall is some of the plot "saves" that he throws in you can see comin from a mile away. other than that i am really diggin this series. anything to wash the taste of fucking twilight out of my brain.
[align=center][font="Comic Sans MS"]
[color=red]G[/color]ore [color=red]O[/color]bsessed [color=red]L[/color]ittle [color=red]F[/color]reak
[/font]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/-deathboy-/bloodbar4gr.gif[/img][/align]


User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Mon May 11, 2009 2:33 am

Did any of you see the Stephen King / Family Guy episode? :D

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=familyguy
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Mon May 11, 2009 7:18 am

Evil Red wrote:When Hodge and I saw him give his lecture in Seattle, he said they were actually working on a third book! I can't wait!!! :cheers:

[/b]
WHAT!!? That kind of sucks. I liked how they ended Black House. Jack Sawyer deserves a rest for God's sake. Let him hang in the territories with his woman happily ever after and shit...
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Mon May 11, 2009 7:19 am

-deathboy- wrote:they're more vile and sci fi than rice's vampires or that twilight bullshit. he has an interesting take on the vampire mythos, as you prolly gathered from the comics. i like the whole symbiotic parasitic relationship between vampire and host thingymabobber. he has a kick ass prose to his writing also. the only downfall is some of the plot "saves" that he throws in you can see comin from a mile away. other than that i am really diggin this series. anything to wash the taste of fucking twilight out of my brain.
LOL! No Vampire Baseball games in Necroscope?
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Mon May 11, 2009 7:21 am

just finished Black House yesterday. Great story. Had to pick up the Dark Tower again. I have been inspired
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]


User avatar
Jonathan
Posts: 15257
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Jonathan » Mon May 11, 2009 1:46 pm

-deathboy- wrote:they're more vile and sci fi than rice's vampires or that twilight bullshit. he has an interesting take on the vampire mythos, as you prolly gathered from the comics. i like the whole symbiotic parasitic relationship between vampire and host thingymabobber. he has a kick ass prose to his writing also. the only downfall is some of the plot "saves" that he throws in you can see comin from a mile away. other than that i am really diggin this series. anything to wash the taste of fucking twilight out of my brain.
I first started reading the Necroscope series when I randomly picked up the book "The Last Aerie" in the earlyish 90s. Which, sorta comes after that series, but is a continuation of it. It's Harry's sons. I was a little lost because in that subseries it was #2 book. And in the whole series it was #7.

I strongly recommend buying ALL the books and going from Necroscope series (all five) to every following series (vampire world), (lost years), (e-branch).

Easily my favorite books in genres of horror, sci-fi.
Take a picture, trick. I'm on a boat, bitch.

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Mon May 11, 2009 1:49 pm

mickey brown-eye wrote:WHAT!!? That kind of sucks. I liked how they ended Black House. Jack Sawyer deserves a rest for God's sake. Let him hang in the territories with his woman happily ever after and shit...
More Talisman 3

Posted: May 6, 2009, 22:58:15 | Section: Book » The Talisman 3
In an upcoming interview in Cemetery Dance #61 (shipping this summer) Peter Straub talks about the third Talisman book.

Cemetery Dance: Are you going to do a third book with Stephen King?

Peter Straub: We plan to. We were going to start right about now, but King got sidetracked by a Broadway musical that he was writing with John Mellencamp. So that's been taking shape. And I think they were having out-of-town tryouts this autumn. Then we'll see what happens. But at some point we'll get back to it, because we have to. It's like two-thirds of a long, long story, and the other part really should be done.


And there goes The Worlds' as we know it... :(

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16074
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Tue May 12, 2009 10:00 am

Evil Red wrote:More Talisman 3

Posted: May 6, 2009, 22:58:15 | Section: Book » The Talisman 3
In an upcoming interview in Cemetery Dance #61 (shipping this summer) Peter Straub talks about the third Talisman book.

Cemetery Dance: Are you going to do a third book with Stephen King?

Peter Straub: We plan to. We were going to start right about now, but King got sidetracked by a Broadway musical that he was writing with John Mellencamp. So that's been taking shape. And I think they were having out-of-town tryouts this autumn. Then we'll see what happens. But at some point we'll get back to it, because we have to. It's like two-thirds of a long, long story, and the other part really should be done.


And there goes The Worlds' as we know it... :(

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16074
They better throw poor ol Travelin Jack a few bones in the 3rd one.
Maybe he will be king of the territories with Sophia (I think that was her name)
though the way Parkus described what Jack would have to do to flip now (trying to stay vague to avoid spoilers:)) , could make a really, really cool story.
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Evil Red wrote:And there goes The Worlds' as we know it... :(

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16074
Wow! Am I the only one alarmed at the imminent celluloid blasphemy of all 3,812 pages? (according to books 1-7 on my shelf)
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Wed May 13, 2009 7:51 am

Evil Red wrote:Wow! Am I the only one alarmed at the imminent celluloid blasphemy of all 3,812 pages? (according to books 1-7 on my shelf)
We will see if he even gets to it within the next 10 years. I checked Abrams' IMDB page and he has quite a bit on his plate with Dark Tower fairly far out
J.J. Abrams
IMO, if he does it right he will develop it as a producer and have other differant directors do each film like the original Star Wars movies or Harry Potter.
Stephan King also said in an interview that he usually doesn't give a shit what Hollywood does to his books, but he would be far more involved with a Dark Tower movie adaptation.
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Wed May 13, 2009 11:49 am

It isn't the 'who' that bothers me, just the 'at all' if King isn't doing the screenplay himself.
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Wed May 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Evil Red wrote:It isn't the 'who' that bothers me, just the 'at all' if King isn't doing the screenplay himself.
He should! That would be awesome!!
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Wed May 13, 2009 1:21 pm

There's a ginormous (and pretty fucking uninspired) thread over on King's site about this topic. I've skimmed through about the first 10 pages and someone suggested Bruce Campbell as Roland and I just laughed my ass off. I HIGHLY disagree, but it struck me as funny anyhow.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3774
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Wed May 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Evil Red wrote:It isn't the 'who' that bothers me, just the 'at all' if King isn't doing the screenplay himself.
He's a little hit and miss on writing screenplays. Mostly miss. I say hand it over to someone else and keep final approval.
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm

hodgy wrote:He's a little hit and miss on writing screenplays. Mostly miss. I say hand it over to someone else and keep final approval.
That sounds like a good idea
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Wed May 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Evil Red wrote:There's a ginormous (and pretty fucking uninspired) thread over on King's site about this topic. I've skimmed through about the first 10 pages and someone suggested Bruce Campbell as Roland and I just laughed my ass off. I HIGHLY disagree, but it struck me as funny anyhow.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3774
It would be interesting to see if he could pull off a serious character like that, but it does seem a little ridiculous
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
mickey brown-eye
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: with your mamma

Post by mickey brown-eye » Wed May 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Evil Red wrote:There's a ginormous (and pretty fucking uninspired) thread over on King's site about this topic. I've skimmed through about the first 10 pages and someone suggested Bruce Campbell as Roland and I just laughed my ass off. I HIGHLY disagree, but it struck me as funny anyhow.

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3774
You know, now that I think about it, the world is missing all of the Lee Van Cleefs and Clint Eastwood-esqe grizzled, wind burnt cowboy type actors these days.
Who would be good to play Roland?
Some pink oily skinned LA good boy with a little dirt painted on my face by the make-up department? They better cast real good for this film
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Wed May 13, 2009 7:06 pm

hodgy wrote:He's a little hit and miss on writing screenplays. Mostly miss. I say hand it over to someone else and keep final approval.
You already know my thoughts on these things better than most anyone, but again, Sai King will ALWAYS be my top pick. Period.
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
AchimbaProphet
Posts: 4184
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Wherever I am

Post by AchimbaProphet » Wed May 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Evil Red wrote:Did any of you see the Stephen King / Family Guy episode? :D

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=familyguy
Yes, this was brilliant!
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill

User avatar
Angie Decay
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Hole in the wall, WA
Contact:

Post by Angie Decay » Fri May 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Started reading " Swan Song " by Robert McCammon. Third time reading this book. Awesome story about Nuclear War.
Gore Before Glory Bitches.............Hailz\m/

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Fri May 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Angie Decay wrote:Started reading " Swan Song " by Robert McCammon. Third time reading this book. Awesome story about Nuclear War.
I've heard that's really good although I can't remember if Hodge told me that or my brother-in-law. (I'm on day 8 of a 9 day week and I haven't slept worth shit. My brain isn't even remotely functioning properly.)

I finally started The Widows of Eastwick last night though. :)
I made the Devil do it.

User avatar
Angie Decay
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Hole in the wall, WA
Contact:

Post by Angie Decay » Tue May 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Evil Red wrote:I've heard that's really good although I can't remember if Hodge told me that or my brother-in-law. (I'm on day 8 of a 9 day week and I haven't slept worth shit. My brain isn't even remotely functioning properly.)

I finally started The Widows of Eastwick last night though. :)
If you ever get the chance to read Swan Song, I would definately recommend it to you. Pretty all of McCammon's stuff is awesome. I like his short story book called "Blue World", which is great. He puts so much detail in his work that it makes u feel like your really in the story. I love it..
Gore Before Glory Bitches.............Hailz\m/

User avatar
Rainbow Brite
Posts: 1081
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Kirkland

Post by Rainbow Brite » Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 pm

I have had swan song on my book shelf for years and years and never even picked it up but to move it.

I hate to admit this, I read twilight in one sitting less than 6 hours.
I enjoyed it for candy cane and gumdrop vampire romance.

I even bought the second book.

Shit.

User avatar
-deathboy-
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:35 am
Location: outside your bedroom window...
Contact:

Post by -deathboy- » Wed May 20, 2009 7:58 am

don't make me come over there and kick you in the nuts.
[align=center][font="Comic Sans MS"]
[color=red]G[/color]ore [color=red]O[/color]bsessed [color=red]L[/color]ittle [color=red]F[/color]reak
[/font]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/-deathboy-/bloodbar4gr.gif[/img][/align]

User avatar
Evil Red
Posts: 5852
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Way the fuck up I-5, B'ham
Contact:

Post by Evil Red » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:18 pm

The Widows of Eastwick was good and I just busted into Jacqueline Susann's old-school Valley of The Dolls that I've been meaning to check out forever. Has anyone else read this one?

The cashier at Borders told me she read it in highschool. :D
I made the Devil do it.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest