On the fence about buying your first home?

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

Oof

On the fence about buying your first home?

Post by Oof »

Looks like you can get the $8000 tax credit to help with the 3.5% down payment.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/29/real_es ... 2009052915
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

Oof wrote:Looks like you can get the $8000 tax credit to help with the 3.5% down payment.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/29/real_es ... 2009052915
That's not bad.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Jenzy

Post by Jenzy »

Been tempted lately with a few prospects that have come my way. . . .
[font="Arial Black"][color="White"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

~John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"[/color][/font]
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

Ha ha ha... Good luck! Check case-shiller for the last 24 months and call me in the morning suckas!
[b][color=Pink]Mark it to MARKET bitches![/color][/b]
ophidian

Post by ophidian »

oh yay!!!

an 8,000 dollar tax credit............wait, lets move the shells around a little faster - oops where did it go, it's under that one, no that one ahhh!! How about having the federal government throw in a voucher for a free blow job at closing or a machine that prints the money you need for the down payment...........and even your first few payments. But wait theres more, call now and you also get to deduct your mortgage interest - thats right, the interest that you will be paying for 30 years can be deducted! and along with the credit and a bunch of other schemes the mystics of the temple come up with home ownership can be yours!! Yay!!!

Where do I sign up?

Oh wait, I saved the 20% I needed in 1998 to buy my house for four years, skipped the mortgage insurance, bought a house 150k less than what I qualified for and then refinanced three years into the loan down to a 15 year and have never taken out a home equity loan, refinanced to "pay off debt" or played real estate tycoon with ARM's, and three and four different rentals. It's called REALITY folks...........the deviation from it and the easy credit thrown at America by the all knowing GODS of the Federal Reserve and the statist regime have destroyed us and brought this nation to the brink of ruin.

Keep moving those shells around.

O
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

If you can't afford it on a 15 year loan, then you shouldn't buy it, plain and simple. You'll save literally 6 figures when you do a 15 vs a 30 year loan on the average priced house.

I'm on a 15 year loan at 75% LTV and 4.5% APR. Like Ophidian, no HELOCs and other BS that keep you trapped in debt. We're shooting to have this house paid off in 2020.

</ elitist rant>
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

How is that elitist Joe? That's REALITY BASED. Fuck those idiots in Washington and at the NAR. Swimming in debt is no way to go through life.
Oof

Post by Oof »

Heh, all I saw was...blah blah blah Im better than you blah blah blah.

:)
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

Some movie wrote:
Joe wandered the streets, desperate for help, but the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valley-girl, innercity slang, and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in his ordinary voice, he sounded pompous and "faggy" to them.
Time to head out to Starbucks for a handjob!
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

PnDsCm wrote:How is that elitist Joe? That's REALITY BASED. Fuck those idiots in Washington and at the NAR. Swimming in debt is no way to go through life.
I know it. I've found that living without the stress that comes with debt is much better than living in a huge house that swallows more than half my income for 30 years.
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
BigHurknFrontman

Post by BigHurknFrontman »

Adremelech wrote:...living in a huge house that swallows more than half my income for 30 years.

Have you been stalking me?
Bryan Hagan - Drummer / Vocalist

[url]http://www.myspace.com/sinhole[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/bighurkin[/url]

[email]pullmyfingerproductions@hotmail.com[/email]

(425)239-3122