2009 Revenant Film Fest Zombie Edition

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Chris Slack

2009 Revenant Film Fest Zombie Edition

Post by Chris Slack »

http://www.truemetalseattleforums.org/v ... f=2&t=4669Wow, a zombie film festival in Seattle!. It is on Sat 9/26 from 4 - midnight and is featuring 5 new indie zombie films. You can find more info here http://www.revenantmagazine.com/Revenan ... al2009.htm.

They have trailers on the site and a couple of the films look really cool, namely Plague, Zombies of Mass Destruction, and Yesterday.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Angie Decay

Post by Angie Decay »

I'll have to check that out most definately.
Gore Before Glory Bitches.............Hailz\m/
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Zombies of Mass Destruction was excellent. Like Romero's films it had a lot of social commentary; this one focused on post 9/11 attitudes towards middle easterners, terrorism and torture in addition to homophobia. It was all shot in Port Gamble, had excellent special effects and acting and was very polished and professional for an indie movie.

Yesterday was decent but had some spots that really dragged and some plot elements that were essentially pointless. It basically focused on several peoples efforts to deal with shit after the zombie holocaust started. Decent special effects and some good laughs.

Plague was a great short from the UK that was very bleak and hopeless.

Hell Patrol sucked. I'm glad it was a short.

Night of the Living Dead Reanimated was a mixed bag. It used the audio from the original and the video portion was mixed media from a huge number of artists across the globe. Media types included illustrations, CG, Half-Life 2 mods (I think), stop motion animation, sock puppets, barbie doll animation, traditional animation, marionettes and (the only thing I didn't like) film elements of the original with ugly filters to make them look arty. My favorite parts were the illustrations, I would love to see an art show based on NOTLD!

All in all it was a pretty good night. They gave away a bunch of DVDs via trivia questions, I got cut off after winning two though. I can't believe nobody there knew the name of the island in Funci's "Zombie!"
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women