Scorpions photos from Ridgefield, WA on August 7th

Forum for Seattle Bands, Musicians and Fans. This forum is genre agnostic so all music types are welcome.

Moderators: Chris Slack, Adremelech, Seattle Metal Online, AchimbaProphet, Desert Mermaid

Chris Slack

Scorpions photos from Ridgefield, WA on August 7th

Post by Chris Slack »

Here are some photos I took at the Scorpions concert on August 7th at the Sleep Country Amphitheater in Ridgefield, Washington. The 20,500 seat venue was sold out and definitely full, at least while the Scorpions were playing. They put on an awesome show even though the setlist excluded anything from the Uli Roth (my favorite) albums. Dokken would have been decent if I was able to mask out Don Dokken's vocal performance but since there was no way to do that I couldn't wait for their set to end. I didn't try getting a photo pass for this one until it was way too late so all photos were taken with my Canon A710 point and shoot from my seat in the 12th row (Shutter priority mode) and cropped liberally. Rudolf Schenker never made his way to the right side of the stage so portraits of him were very limited. Links to the full photo sets (and setlists) will follow. Please check them out when you have the time, feedback is always appreciated.

More Scorpions photos (lots and unsorted) from from this show can be found here

Dokken photos can be found here

Scorpions Setlist
Sting In The Tail
Make It Real
Bad Boys Running Wild
The Zoo
Coast To Coast
Loving You Sunday Morning
The Best Is Yet To Come
Wind of Change
Holiday
Raised On Rock
Tease Me Please Me
Dynamite
Kottak Attack (Drum Solo)
Blackout
Six String Sting (Guitar Solo)
Big City Nights

Encore
No One Like You
Rock You Like A Hurricane

Dokken Setlist
Just Got Lucky
The Hunter
Kiss of Death
Into the Fire
Breaking The Chains
Alone Again
Tooth and Nail
In My Dreams
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Drew

Post by Drew »

Killer! Heard similar feedback from Hodge ... scorps ruled, dokken sucked!

Great shots Chris, wish I could have gone!
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

The Sleep Country Amphitheater ruled miles above the abomination of White River. Everything was all laid back ie: the staff, the alcohol rules, the ground layout, better bathrooms, better parking... everything. Too bad it's so much further away, but definitly a MUCH better option if you're up for the drive. Plus steak and tits are only 20 minutes away... ;)

Honestly, I went more for the 'trip' than the concert itself, but was pleasantly surprised at how amazing the Scorpions actually were. The put on one hell of a great show! Don Dokken on the other hand.... ewww....

Good thing I wasn't planning on using my ovaries for anything special because the moment he started his on stage reminiscing about 'how many chicks had gotten pregnant while listening to blah, blah, blah...' I'll tell ya. Those puppies of mine did a flying dive right the hell out of there! Gross!!!

*edit to add

Nice pics, Chris! We looked for you down there.
I made the Devil do it.
IRONDICK

Post by IRONDICK »

I left my seat after the first Dokken song and didn't look back. Drank a couple overpriced beers and talked to some folks that paid 400 and 5 dozen eggs for their tickets. The Scorps did put on a great show though and the kids had a great time so it was all worth it for us.
[img]http://skafunkrastapunk.com/forum/images/avatars/18608562443ffba44ac18.gif[/img]
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

It was good finally seeing you & the Mrs. out too, Greg!
I made the Devil do it.