More help for the broke

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

derek666

More help for the broke

Post by derek666 »

DeathFrogg

Re: More help for the broke

Post by DeathFrogg »

30 years of corporatist mismanagement, of which Bush was in charge for most of the last decade, with a very friendly and compliant legislative body to help him along in his efforts to destroy the US government.

This depression isn't over yet, and we haven't seen the worst of it. We still haven't hit bottom.

Hey, I have an idea. Why not tax the thieves on Wall Street 90% like we did back when we actually had functioning schools, went to the moon and paid for a war debt in less than 20 years.

There are almost 500 people in this country, that make over a Billion a year. That adds up to around $500,000 per hour.

Per HOUR, presuming a normal 40 hour work week, and they pay NO TAXES.

Bush's phony wars account for about $3 trillion spent over the last 8 years. The "Strategic Defense Initiative (supposed to shield the US from missle attack) has spent $700 billion over the last 20 years. The rest of the military has spent $10,000,000,000,000 since 1982.

Thats ten trillion dollars. For what. Nothing. Wasted money.

That was all borrowed money, and now there is interest on those loans to pay. That doesn't leave much for anyone but the bankers, and they do take their cut off the top.

Everyone was told, that the taxpayer handouts to the top 2% of income earners would generate jobs and the wealth would trickle down to the rest of the country.

So, after handing over much of the nations income and wealth to the billionaires and the Chinese and Germans and Swiss bankers, where are all those jobs?

Oh, thats right, it was all BULLSHIT.

You reap what you sow. The billionaires are laughing all the way to the bank.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Seriously DF, I was hoping for something about the awesome mismanagement of money here in this state!! But since you put it on the national level, 30 year's of corporatist mismagement with only 6 of those years under complete GOP control makes the Dems look pretty bad considering they held the power!

Anyways, this state is in utter chaos by your elected morons and you still blame Bush?!?! The leaches in office here in this fucking state are raping me along with all other home owners and tax payers and you fucking blame Bush?? Wtf did he have to do with the Gargoyle's "rainy day fund?"

WTF does Bush have to do with all these cuts in social services here? Why don't YOUR elected fucks here take paycuts, cut hours, cut management, cut from their upper bullshit pockets instead of fucking the general public as usual?? YOUR heroes have held office in this state and have fucked it again! and all you can do is blame Bush?!?!

Read the articles fuckface and look where the cuts are going! You of all people should be completely pissed, but no, you just blame and try to point fingers as usual!
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

Sigh.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Project Undead Vish wrote:Sigh.
come on Vish, you should have some wonderful words of wisdom on this!? I don't give a fuck about party lines on this matter, what in the fucking hell happened to the rainy day fund? why did my homeowners taxes skyrocket for nothing? and where the fuck did those tax dollars go? where did the cigarette lawsuit money go? how is it that the bottom tier of citizens in this state get the non lubed raping, while Gargoyle and her cronies keep getting more money?
seriously what happened here?
both jackass senators here are liars, politifact and snopes prove that. where did all the fucking money and sympathy for the elderly and broke asses go??
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

I really don't have anything to say. I have officially stopped giving a shit. I stopped voting, I stopped having an opinion on this shit since they aren't worth a shit anyhow. I've given up. I don't even pay attention anymore.
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Project Undead Vish wrote:I really don't have anything to say. I have officially stopped giving a shit. I stopped voting, I stopped having an opinion on this shit since they aren't worth a shit anyhow. I've given up. I don't even pay attention anymore.
And I'll bet that your blood pressure is much lower than Derek's. I haven't given up, but I don't make it my mission to try to get everyone all fired up either.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

And I'll bet that your blood pressure is much lower than Derek's. I haven't given up, but I don't make it my mission to try to get everyone all fired up either.[/quote]

actually my blood pressure is pretty damn low. its not trying to get people fired up, as you put it, I think some accountability should be held for ALL elected jackasses!!
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

Accountability would be awesome, but it ain't gonna happen. Not even Bush and Cheney were held accountable.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Adremelech wrote:Accountability would be awesome, but it ain't gonna happen. Not even Bush and Cheney were held accountable.
ZING hahaha

it goes to both sides of the damn aisle! they are ALL corrupt, all fucked and not a single one is ever held accountable for their misdeeds and bullshit! most recent to slip through as usual, Blago. and the list is ever growing of corrupt fuckbags!
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

derek666 wrote:
Adremelech wrote:Accountability would be awesome, but it ain't gonna happen. Not even Bush and Cheney were held accountable.
ZING hahaha

it goes to both sides of the damn aisle! they are ALL corrupt, all fucked and not a single one is ever held accountable for their misdeeds and bullshit! most recent to slip through as usual, Blago. and the list is ever growing of corrupt fuckbags!
Is this just now occurring to you? Shit, most of us have accepted the fact and have moved on. There is nothing that you can do about it, so what is the point getting fired up? Live your life, be happy, and let those dirtbags do their thing. It's been going on for a LONG time and yet we have managed to be OK. We just hear about it more now that we have the internet. :cheers:
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Adremelech wrote: Is this just now occurring to you? Shit, most of us have accepted the fact and have moved on. There is nothing that you can do about it, so what is the point getting fired up? Live your life, be happy, and let those dirtbags do their thing. It's been going on for a LONG time and yet we have managed to be OK. We just hear about it more now that we have the internet. :cheers:
Too many people haven't come to that realization yet or they still feel the need to point fingers at specific people for all the ills or society in general :)